best truck ever!!!!!

My '97 Tacoma just turned 100k miles about a month ago. It still feels just as tight as the day my dad drove it off the showroom floor. In another 10 years, when this one starts wearing out, Toyota's definitely getting my business again! :ride:

DirtRoad.jpg

Odo100k.jpg

But....

Can you tow heavy loads with that? No

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't need HD towing capacity, I have to put in a vote for the Avalanche 1500.

For HD towing, a Chevy HD w/ the Duramax/Allison combo (I wish I'd have picked one over my Avalanche now that I have a toy hauler).

A guy I know from Arkansas has been OBSESSED with getting a 56 F-100 for the longest time. He finally got one earlier this year, and he loves it. As far as I know he drives the thing just about every day.

Myself, I wouldn't mind a 78 F-150. Though my 05 Ranger with a 2.3L Duratec and a stick is pretty nice. Can't complain about 30 mpg and the amount of power it has.

hmmmmmmm. all the tsb's have been stupid shit. which ones are reliabilty issues. none that i can think of.. shed some light..

plenty of fuel rail problems and fires. How about all the 04s that ford bought back of the 6L PSDs???

I absolutly LOVE my 01 SD F-350 SRW Crew Cab w/7.3 diesel and 4x4. I am getting close to 90,000 miles and the only trouble I have had was a short poping fuses in my dash (last month). I did find it finally, it was my OD switch wire rubbing against the gear shifter when I shifted. No worries. I get 22mpg every day and up to 25 on the interstate even at 75mph. Mods include afe cold air intake, super chips (middle setting) programmer, 4in ss exhaust w/ no muffler and 35 in tires (3.73). I wouldnt trade it for any truck out there!! GO BIG BLUE!! (actually its red but you know what I mean)

Any way, it will take more than a cummings to make me switch.

F350 w/6.0 PSD. I have right at 8400 miles on mine it has been absolute heaven! Only TSB on it has been for new stickers for the radiator overflow.

Pulls my 24' enclosed Haulmark Racetrailer like it is not even there. Another 40K miles and she will be broke in :applause:

I absolutly LOVE my 01 SD F-350 SRW Crew Cab w/7.3 diesel and 4x4. I am getting close to 90,000 miles and the only trouble I have had was a short poping fuses in my dash (last month). I did find it finally, it was my OD switch wire rubbing against the gear shifter when I shifted. No worries. I get 22mpg every day and up to 25 on the interstate even at 75mph. Mods include afe cold air intake, super chips (middle setting) programmer, 4in ss exhaust w/ no muffler and 35 in tires (3.73). I wouldnt trade it for any truck out there!! GO BIG BLUE!! (actually its red but you know what I mean)

Any way, it will take more than a cummings to make me switch.

I think your mileage is a little inflated. Are you doing the math, or looking at the overhead? I get 14 at best. I just got back from dirt bike camping, pulling the toy hauler at about 12,000lbs (loaded), and averaged 7.993 MPG. But, that's a lot of grades and slow corners in the mountains.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h69/gregjsimon/Snow%20Dog/Hollister04141.jpg