Can anyone help me?! please

So I need to sell my Crf 230. My friend wants to buy

thing is, last time it was taken out (same friend rode it), the fork seal began to leak. In turn (according to someone here) the fork oil basically f-d up the brake pads (being the reason the front brake doesn't work)

I think I fixed the fork seals, but I took the brake caliper to take a look. But weent to put the caliper back on, it would not go back on?

Also, How would I go about Changing the brake pads?

I don't have the service manual and don't plan on buying it as I'm selling the bike anyways.

thanks!

Either search on the net or search on here on how to change your pads... but if your like me I hate reading and then acting on what I read (fearing that what I read wasnt exactly correct and it usually doesnt answer all questions anyway) so I would just ask around locally if anyone that you know knows how to do it or can do it for you for cheap.

• 1 month later...

I've never been able to get fork oil out of brake pads and I've tried a lot of different methods and chemicals. Just replace them.

You may need to push the piston back into the caliper a bit to get the new pads in. Just use a wide screwdrive or tire iron.

The brakepads are toast. Replace them.

You cant get it back on because the brake lever got squeezed while the caliper was off, pushing the pads together. You can get them apart by sticking a wide blade screwdriver in there and twisting it a bit.

The brakepads are toast. Replace them.

You cant get it back on because the brake lever got squeezed while the caliper was off, pushing the pads together. You can get them apart by sticking a wide blade screwdriver in there and twisting it a bit.

Yep, exactly what he said.