Sign in to follow this  

Looking for help on mods for 06 DRZ400e for my size

HI. I am 6'6"" tall and weigh 250 without gear. I want to buy the 06 DRZ400e and was wondering what I might have to do to it for my height and weight. I will trail ride and play moto. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I think I may need taller bars for one, and a softer seat, but perhaps taller?

Thanks,

Joe

I have a perfect condition SDG tall seat. Previous owner was about 6'-3". Where are you in CA?

Hey Joe: Great bike choice :applause:

You need to change the springs front and rear, that will run you about $200.00 if you do the work yourself.

Then you need some taller bars and risers, about $100

I would do the bars and risers before the seat, then if you still need more add the taller seat.

What part of Cali you in ?

Call BRP. They have the clamps for tall riders that will move the bars out and up to give you the room you need. Aslo, might look at the Windham bend bars as they are tall.

www.brpit.com

I am in Bakersfield. Is that seat softer as well? I will need something a little softer than stock. I have issues with hard seats.

Joe

Who stocks the better springs? How do I know which ones to get? Is it a weight thing that the provider will know?

The seat issue is more for comfort than height. I am a senior rider and need that little bit of softness. :applause:

I am in Bakersfield

Joe

I am in Newbury Park, In Ventura County. Thought if you were local you could try out seat. Dont think it is any softer than stock. Have heard some guys complain SDG seats are hard?? To me it is comfortable, of course this is compared to Yamaha YZ seats wich real hard. Anyway seat is just a little taller than stock. I would sell for $50.00 but with shipping might be close to same as new one from your local shop?

Race Tech sells springs, and has spring application chart on their website. I would check around, I hear conflicting opinions about how accurate application chart is, actually hear that about most application charts?

Some guys here on the forum should have some experience with spring applications.