Sign in to follow this  

Getting TTR 125, need frame cradle

I'm getting a TTR-125L. Was told with the unibody frame and my size it'd be good to get a BBR frame cradle. I've done some looking online and found a site that'll sell them for $140 new. Has anyone hear of powersportsstore.com? If so, how are they?

TT STORE SHOWED $215.00 WHEN YOU TYPE IN THE PART NUMBER, POWERSPORTS STORE IS GOOD I BOUGHT MINE FROM THERE $144.00 ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO :applause:

Even cheaper is to make one. I did it. Cut out some cardboard to right size of cradle on the bike, trace it out on an aluminum sheet, cut it out, drill holes and bend it. Easier than it sounds.

I got one from the TT store in Dec 05 for 125.96 but it looks like the TT store raised their price. Shoot them a call or a email and they will match any price by 110%! :excuseme:

https://shop.thumpertalk.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=WPS_809116b

Not sure were you saw this price on TT :bonk:

didnt bbr raise the price to like $200 this year (site & catalog) ...most places have them cheaper tho

I ordered one for my daughters TTR-125 for only $132.99 from Chaparral with free shipping...

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparral/product_family.asp?family%5Fid=4943&gift=False&mscssid=79C7B7188E464500AB4853E438931424

It got here to Washington state in about 4 days.

Are you sure about that price? I used the link and it says "prices starting at $132.99". But when I selected a blue one for the TTR125 and added it to my cart, it came up at $239.

Find the best price you can get on the BBR and lay out the cash. Making your own may make you feel good but bent aluminum sheet is not going to keep the frame from stretching. The BBR is a solid piece with good craftsmanship. It is a tight fit so be patient.

Got it all installed now, took almost 2 hours(between beers) Only compalaint was the bolt for the rear mount was on the short side. Got a 1/2" longer and loctited everything. Required a little prybar persuasion to align the bolts-maybe 1/16-1/8 out of perfect, and had to pull the stock pipe, had I done more research and known, would have had a FMF on hand to install. :ride:

Oh well, not bad and thanks for tips! :ride:

Mrs is sleeping so I posted this for her! :ride:

That looks pretty good, gonads.

I don't have an aluminum welder and didn't want to fabricate one (out of steel)that would make me have to respring the bike!

You don't need to weld anything, just bending the steel/aluminum to shape.

??????? Don't need to weld it?????????

It's about seven or so peices that need to be welded together.

You don't need to weld anything, just bending the steel/aluminum to shape.

So how do you get the mounting brackets attached to the tubing? Or the skid plate attached to the tubing?

YOU could use popsicle sticks, baling wire and bubble gum, but I have found that the preferred method for joining aluminum together tends to be welding.