Sign in to follow this  

952 front tire ?

Anyone try the 952 front ? I like the rear 952 but I have never tried the 952 front,any comments would be helpfull :applause:

I had one on my 04 250 and it worked great. For some reason it felt unpredictable at times and washed out on my 05. I'm now running the 739 and actually like it.

I just got one 2 rides ago. I had been using the 756, but now that the dirt has gotten dried out and blue grooved, the 756 would wear out in 4 or 5 long rides. So after 2 rides the 952 is showing hardly any wear at all. It grips pretty darn well, but does slip (but not let go completely) with less warning, much like the 742 did. :bonk: Not too bad though, considering it may last 2 or maybe even 3 times as long, and I'm not rich yet. :excuseme: It does work well in the hard pack, and works better than the worn out 756 in all situations.

I put them on my CR250 going from MS3s about a month ago. They seemed to do fairly well in the corners when I was in a tight sand wash (desert) and were similar to the MS3s for staying power. They are also about 1/4 inch wider than the MS3s and look to be more protective of the rim. The MS3s lasted a fair amount of time but are starting to chunk away. I though I'd try something new. Cycle Gear has them on sale through tomorrow for $109 a set so I put a set on my CRF450R today. I think for the track the 756s is the tire to have but if your in the ddesert going through a variety of terrain they don''t last. If the 952s don't cut it I'll probably go to and MH3 in the rear and an MS3 in the front or maybe try a Pirelli up front.