Two Noob questions

Sorry, dont quite follow about removing the front drive sprocket. It has the one big nut, but how do you keep it from spinning? If I put it in gear, there isn't enough compression to keep the thing from spinning? Suggestions?

OK, I appolagize, but I'm not making myself clear. I under stand about the spine aline that hold the sprocket on the shaft. I'm trying to remove the nut that hold the front sprocket in place. How do I keep the sprocket/shaft from moving to get enough leverage to break loose the nut to remove the sprocket to put a new one one? Hope my question is more clear, now.

You guys really know how to do things the hard way. Hold the brake? Bungie Cord?

Lay a board or a hammer handle across the swing arm through the spokes, as close to the rim as you can get it. Then crank away. This assumes you still have the chain on, of course. Putting it in gear is meanless in this case.

The lube on the outside should be washed off along with the dirt it will gather after the first ride using Simple Green and a sprayer on a garden hose. Avoid high pressure water directed right at any of the O-rings. Re-lube the chain with a good, non-tacky chain lube such as Maxima's Synthetic Chain Guard (don't use their chain wax). The lube inside the chain is sealed in, and all you are doing is lubing and protecting the outer rollers, the exposed surfaces of the seals, and the sprockets.

That method works good, except for when I was trying to remove my flywheel nut. Anything I would put in the rear wheel, would just bend and brake and I had to go and get an impact gun. I think I was even trying so hard that the clutch was starting to slip from the force. :applause:

I did get it loose. Forgive me GrayRacer :applause: but I did strap down the brake otherwise I don't think my electric impact wrench would have had enought torque to break it loose without turning over the motor. I had to hit it a couple of times as it was. Thanks for all the advice folks.

This thread made me laugh... you can either buy the tool that holds the sprocket(but whoever buys the right tool)? Or you can do what I do and that is take your chain off and wrap it around just the little sprocket and hold it tight together in your fist while turning the wrench with your other hand...Sounds weird but thats what I always do and it always works.