two questions about the track

i am a fairly novice, 40 year old rider with an 06 wr450 all free mods and rejetted.

1) if i take my bike to a track, will it be able to hang, given that i most likely will not push it's limits too hard?

2) are there tracks in so cal that a novice rider can access without all of the experienced riders blowing past me all the time?

I have put about 500 miles on the bike since i bought it. mostly fire roads and some technical riding. I am dieing to try the track... I've got the fever...

I ride my 05 on the track all the time. The bike has plenty of power to get the job done but you feel its weight on bigger jumps. For its size it jumps good. I don't race, just play and feel my skill holds me back not the bike. I also have a yz250 but I don't think I am much (if any) quicker on a track on it compared to my WR. Don't know about tracks down there but I usually ride at a state park and you see everything on its track.

i am a fairly novice, 40 year old rider with an 06 wr450 all free mods and rejetted.

1) if i take my bike to a track, will it be able to hang, given that i most likely will not push it's limits too hard?

2) are there tracks in so cal that a novice rider can access without all of the experienced riders blowing past me all the time?

I have put about 500 miles on the bike since i bought it. mostly fire roads and some technical riding. I am dieing to try the track... I've got the fever...

I ride my bike at the track a lot too. I'm a novice when it comes to MX, but a buddy of mine is an A rider who took my bike around the track a few times. He said he noticed the front end feeling much heavier than his yz250F, but he was able to do everything out there on the track with it.

The suspension on the WRs is a lot squishier than the YZs, and you will notice that when jumping.

M.

I'm a 45 year old vet rider. Don't worry about the fast guys on the track. Just make sure to stay in your line and out of the main line. They will go around you as long as you are not weaving back and forth across the track.

I'm a 45 year old vet rider. Don't worry about the fast guys on the track. Just make sure to stay in your line and out of the main line. They will go around you as long as you are not weaving back and forth across the track.

F :applause: k it............ leave carnage out there, just have a good time doing it :D

I went to the track for the first time last month. Been riding since age 8, now I'm 36, but all my riding has been trail riding.

I stayed on the right hand side and let the real track riders blow by on the left. It's somewhat freaky when you see a bike go floating by you out of your left peripheral vision at about 5 feet off the ground and then land in front and left and you (hopefully) sort of in slow motion.

I ride my 03 450 on the track, I'm a novice. As has been previously said, I notice the soft suspension and a little top heaviness, but nothing that stops me from enjoying myself.

I would also agree with the lad who said ' you will chicken out before the bike' :D So true!! :prof:

Don't give it a second though. Go and have fun :applause: