20" on a WR

Does anyone hAVE A 20" front wheel on their WR?

From what I have read, the 20" is on the wey side, much like the 17" and 23" tires...

I do not have one...

Heck Yeah I got one.

The biggest difference is the steering is much slower and deflects less in the rocks. The feel is similar to a steering damper when you first hop on the bike.

This change may not suit everyone but for dual sport use I love it.

The bigger footprint improves handling in the sand. The front end will still knife in for hard turns but it happens much later than the 21" front.

I have heard that the 20" will tend to climb out of rutted turns on motocross tracks. Since I am old and slow and avoid motocross tracks I can't confirm if this is true.

The other gross generalization I've heard the 20" works best on the Honda's and Yamaha's. It just sucks on the Suzuki's and Kawasaki's

There is one more advantage. I always carry a spare tube with me. The spare is now a 19 inch tube that will work in the front or back.

I've been running a Dunlop 739 A/F which is a hard terrian tire. I will be changing to an intermediate terrian tire as soon as this one wears out.

After 1200 miles of use I'm staying with the 20" front setup.

Wouldn't a smaller front wheel make the bike twitchier? Know it does on a street bike. You'd think it wouldn't clear rough terrain as well as a 21"? Am I missing something here? :)

THE 20" TIRE IS THE SAME HEIGHT AS THE 21", AND IT IS A LITTLE WIDER.

I CHANGED MINE AT THE TRACK AFTER A COUPLE OF HOURS OF PRACTICE, VIVA LA DIFFERENCE!

ON HARD PACKED CORNERS THERE WAS NEW CONFIDENCE, ON SOFT THERE SEEMED NO END TO THE TRACTION, AND WITH THE BIGGER DISC BRAKE IT STOPPED BETTER.

I USED THE SAME TIRE ON EACH WHEEL AND BOTH WERE NEW 756'S.

I'M SOLD, NEXT TEST TIGHT WOODS! PT