drz400 tt store question..

So I'm pricing 17's through the TT store, and now I'm confused. I was under the impression that there was no Talon hub made for the drz400, but if you go here:

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/Supermoto_s/918.htm

And click on:

Excel/Talon Wheels & Accessories - Suzuki

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/White_Brothers_2005/default.asp?p=186

It brings up a White Brothers chart that clearly shows wheels for the drz400.

So, I'm hoping this is real but I'm sort of confused.

Does Talon really make a hub for the drz400? Which drz400 does that apply to? The S as well I hope! :applause:

Brian,

Can I get a quote on a pair of those wheels (rims, hubs, spokes, laced/trued) for my 06 drz400s? I'm sure it'd be nice to have hanging around for reference.

Thank you!

:applause:

I've had two different places (well known local wheel builders) tell me that Talon doesn't make hubs for DRZ's yet. They said the only way to build up wheels is to lace up aftermarket hoops on OEM hubs.

Their prices are the same as TT's price for wheels with Talon hubs. Am I right in assuming that it would be better to go with Talon hubs over OEM if the price is the same?

Gabe "finally scrubbed off the rear chicken strips" Pari

'06 Black SM

Brian,

Can I get a quote on a pair of those wheels (rims, hubs, spokes, laced/trued) for my 06 drz400s? I'm sure it'd be nice to have hanging around for reference.

Thank you!

Front Talon/Excel Complete

Rear Talon/Excel Complete

We also have RAD manufacturing wheels in any color option you want.

Front complete laced and trued $521.95

Rear complete laced and trued $566.95

I've had two different places (well known local wheel builders) tell me that Talon doesn't make hubs for DRZ's yet. They said the only way to build up wheels is to lace up aftermarket hoops on OEM hubs.

Their prices are the same as TT's price for wheels with Talon hubs. Am I right in assuming that it would be better to go with Talon hubs over OEM if the price is the same?

Gabe "finally scrubbed off the rear chicken strips" Pari

'06 Black SM

lol,thats good stuff.

they have made drz hubs since 2001.

ive had several sets of drz wheels with talon hubs over the years.

lol,thats good stuff.

they have made drz hubs since 2001.

ive had several sets of drz wheels with talon hubs over the years.

i don't believe you, what kind of research have you done?!?! j/k hehehe

Front Talon/Excel Complete

Rear Talon/Excel Complete

We also have RAD manufacturing wheels in any color option you want.

Front complete laced and trued $521.95

Rear complete laced and trued $566.95

Well, since the price difference between the Talon/Excel combo and the RAD combo is pretty nominal, which would you DRZ SM'rs recommend?

I do assume that the price on the talon/excel includes being laced and trued as well, right?

Well, since the price difference between the Talon/Excel combo and the RAD combo is pretty nominal, which would you DRZ SM'rs recommend?

I do assume that the price on the talon/excel includes being laced and trued as well, right?

The talon's are a direct fit and pretty much are only good on a DRZ.

The RAD wheels are universal and use carriers. So if you ever change bikes all you need is new carriers and the hub/wheels can be resused on almost any bike.

Brian, could you add the supermoto wheel and oem replacement size wheel links to the popular DRZ parts post?

What is the cost for a complete 18" rear wheel? Do they come with bearings and wheel spacers? How long does it take to get one (east coast)?

Dude,

I have a set of Excel rims (black) and Talon hubs (gold) and silver spokes w/ Avon Distanzias mounted that I will sell you. They have been used twice on my DRZ400E for leisurely jaunts through the Cleveland metroparks. Nubs are still on the tires... :D

I bought them for my '03 DRZ 400E and when I sold it, I stupidly, foolishly, erroneously thought that they would just mount right up on my 450X. I just spoke to the good people at Talon in England and they disabused me of my misapprehension of the facts of life. :prof::applause: Talons are application-specific, and if they fit cross-brand, you're just stinkin' lucky.

S--t! Now I need to offload them.

Respond back. Maybe we can git 'er done.

Dude,

I have a set of Excel rims (black) and Talon hubs (gold) and silver spokes w/ Avon Distanzias mounted that I will sell you. They have been used twice on my DRZ400E for leisurely jaunts through the Cleveland metroparks. Nubs are still on the tires... :D

I bought them for my '03 DRZ 400E and when I sold it, I stupidly, foolishly, erroneously thought that they would just mount right up on my 450X. I just spoke to the good people at Talon in England and they disabused me of my misapprehension of the facts of life. :prof::applause: Talons are application-specific, and if they fit cross-brand, you're just stinkin' lucky.

S--t! Now I need to offload them.

Respond back. Maybe we can git 'er done.

How much you want for that package?

Got any pics?