Switching from 19" to 18" rear wheel. 19" Excel/Talon has to go!

For those of you that made the switch from a 19" rear to an 18" rear wheel, how much of an improvement did it make? I ride 80% trails and 20% desert in southern California terrain. Also would you guys recommend running 2 rim locks on the rear?

I recently purchased an almost new low hour 2002 YZ426F. I really liked the fact that it came with a green sticker. :D The previous owner just put new black Excel wheels with silver Talon hubs and heavy duty spokes w/spline drive nipples on the bike. They look awesome. Only a few rides on them, so there pretty much like new.

I'm not sure yet if it would make more sense getting the rear re-laced with new spokes and an 18" rim or just buy a new complete 18" wheel. If anyone has an interest in a 19" black Excel rim with spokes or the complete wheel shoot me a PM. It should fit 99-06 YZ400/426/450F. :applause:

Is anyone interested in buying the complete wheel before I get it re-laced? It's a 19" x 2.15" black excel with silver billet Talon hub and heavy duty spokes w/spline drive nipples. It will fit 99-06 YZ400/426/450F. It's in excellent condition and only has a few rides on it.

Thanks for looking. :applause: