El Mirage: where to camp and ride?

Taking my nephew to El Mirage this weekend. Need a secluded camping area with easy access to easy riding. My non-riding father will be with us, too. So, an area where he can enjoy the scenery is cool, too.

Any suggestions? I am leaning to Twin Hills. Anybody want to share gps coordinates of their favorite El Mirage camp site?

Thansk,

bb

On the other end of the lake is a choice, Take Colusa Left (second stop sign) out around right side of the lake and scout a spot, or stay on Mounyain View (the entrance road) out to the end, by the last bathroom, more secluded, bugt more diffucult riding, for easy riding stay around lakebed. CAUTION: I spent 4 days there this time last year 112 degrees, so use caution for the next couple months it will be 100+ with no shade relief

Thanks, guys. Is the west end of the lake bed less windy?

bb

It is not less windy, but it is less dusty. The wind comes from the west(normally) and the dust really gets going down at the east end. Its better to be at the beginning of the dust trail, than at the end !!! :applause:

If you go straight up the main road you eventually come to some campgrounds that have hills to the west of them that might give you some wind protection. Haven't camped there, just ridden through.

i'm headin out to el mirage on sunday. We will be parking near bathroom 3 (i think?). We always just go down the middle of the lake bed towards the end of it. Everyone is usually right at the entrance. Just go down the lakebed and find a place away from the idiots.

i'm headin out to el mirage on sunday. We will be parking near bathroom 3 (i think?). We always just go down the middle of the lake bed towards the end of it. Everyone is usually right at the entrance. Just go down the lakebed and find a place away from the idiots.

Beware all, the SCTA is there for a meet on Sunday. They will be running the cars/bikes on the lakebed.

We're going Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, will be towards the North west corner of the lake by bathroom #1 (I think)

Look for a white crew cab dually (plates read "DBL WYDE") with a TT and a couple friends.

Beware all, the SCTA is there for a meet on Sunday. They will be running the cars/bikes on the lakebed.

We're going Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, will be towards the North west corner of the lake by bathroom #1 (I think)

Look for a white crew cab dually (plates read "DBL WYDE") with a TT and a couple friends.

hey thanks for the info. All i have are red sticker bikes.... so maybe i won't be there. I have done a bunch to my bike and was hoping to just ride it a little bit and see the difference. My chick has a blaster that she's been learning to ride on and i was hoping we could get some putt time in. If you see a lifted 05 sierra with license paltes "STOOIE" that is parked near you, thats me. I hope i didn't just give away my info to the greenies.

Hey, Thanks guys fot the info. Looks like the west or northwest edge is where we're headed. I drive a white Ford Camper Van with a pop-top. Looks like this:

bikes04.jpg

without the paw prints on it Three rail trailer hitched up. I ride a gray KTM LC4 E and my nephew will be in a TTR125L.

bb

Worry not about the red sticker woes, I have yet to be hassled by the man there, and have been going to EL Mirage for years. So long as you are not being an asshat, the few rangers that are there will pretty much leave you well enough alone unless you're doing something you're really not supposed to.

Dirtee Girl, (02 YZ250F- now with green sticker :D:applause: ) my daughter (04 CRF50) and I (86 YZ250) will be arriving there for sure Saturday late afternoon.

Look forward to meeting a few of you.