Sign in to follow this  

How much would you pay for this bike?

How much would you pay for this bike? It's a 2001 tt-r 125 with:

-Airbox mod and uni filter

-exhaust mod- Baffles taken out, shortend, and larger tip added.

-Bored .040 to 130cc with wiseco 11:1 piston

-Homemade framecradle, Looks almost as good as bbr's

-Got rid of the linkage on the shifter and bent, bolted and welded it to fit on the shift shaft

-Paint, stickers etc.

-D.I.D. o-ring chain

and soon new bars will be added.

all of the mods were done this spring and it's in excellent condition.

PIC_0002.jpg

PIC_0003.jpg

PIC_0004.jpg

PIC_0008.jpg

I wouldn't pay more than $900-1000 for that. Alot of rat rigging there. Make sure you take a welder riding with you.

The risers will be coming off and i'm going to fix some other things on it to make it look better.

Paint is holding up alot better than I expected.

either way those prices seem a little low. around here stock ones are going for $2000cdn which equals about $1800US.

All those cans of spray paint in the background would scare me off if I was a potential buyer. Paint on plastic really sucks unless it's done properly, so that right there probably devalued the bike by a little bit for anyone who cares about aesthetics.

that cradle was stick welded. stckers are from royal dist. there is a lot of paint on that bike so he must be hiding something. if the cradle was done by certified welder its gonna be fine but its not "fitted" good enough to be that. im in the offer him a $1000.00 for it group.

Paint on plastic really sucks unless it's done properly.

What's propely?

I used plastic primer, paint and then clear coat. 2-3 layers of each. I'v put it down a couple times and there's only a few small scratches, not very noticable, on the left # plate.

Oh well, live and learn, I'll take what I can get for it and buy somthing thats actually big enough to ride.

Thanks

:applause:

Guys, the plastic looks fine to me. You should have painted under the fender also.

1 thing if if you are ever going to paint a rim again take the tire off and dont paint so close because i saw how it bunched up

1800 is way to high 1300 max its not like its a 2005 or something its and older one but good luck selling it anyways

I give you one good dollar for that mickey moused thing