Sign in to follow this  

Alpinestars Bionic protective jacket

hi! I'm a new rider and I'm searching for a body-armor! is Alpinestars Bionic protective jacket a good choice? any other suggestion?

I have the Alpinestars Bionic and it is a great piece of equipment. It's saved my elbows a few times. It can be pretty warm in the summer, but you can stay cool by wearing a thin polypro undershirt and the suit on top. Don't wear a jersey over the top. However, I don't practice what I preach because if I don't wear a jersey, the thorn bushes here in Arkansas rip my pressure suit up. Shop around some and you can find the Bionic suit for a great price.

I have the Bionic jacket and love it. I wear a Under Armour longsleve under and my jersey over it. I think the under armour is a must...it makes a huge difference. It keeps you cool and your skin will not got irritated from all the rubbing.

well the seller told me that its not the best solution for road usage is it true?

I have the EVS one myself, it has held up well during a couple of street biffs but I wouldnt want to slide in it.

If you tighten the forearm straps enough to hold them tightly in place you get mad arm pump.

Overall I like the thing. Cool enough to wear around town and better than nothing. But it is not leathers or a good textile jacket for sure.