new bike???

what's up TT. i got a 06 CRF230 for christmas, and nothing has been able to keep me off of it since. i have gotten pretty fast on it, but i find that it's underpowered in some situations, and it seems like i'm killing the bike pushing it so hard. i relly like the 06CRF250, and want it, but it is unrealistic for me to save up that much money. i have a friend who races in the 125 B class, and he has a 04 KX 125 that he was going to use as a practice bike. he rode the bike once, and didnt like the two stroke, so he has offered to sell the bike to me for $2,000. my cousin has been trying to get a bike since i got mine. do you think i should selly my bike to my cousin for around 2000-2500 and buy the KX?

i am 15, 6'3, 210 of muscle, and i'm a very aggressive rider.

how much different is the two stroke from the four stroke? how much more maintenence will i have to perform? how often do i have to change the top end? how much does it cost to change the top end? is this a good deal?

thanks in advance for the help

:applause:

YEah go with the KX, I went from an 05 CRF230 to a 2002 KX125 with some mods to it and I definately do not regret my decision. The KX pulls :prof: and it sounds like with the mods yours will have on it, it will be really sweet.:applause:

-Mary :D

Ya man go for it. I just switched to a cr250. Obviously the racing 2 stokes are more maintaince than the change the oil every so often and ride crf230. But the 2 strokes are just so much fun. U'll love a 125, but your a pretty big kid. a 250 might not be a bad idea. If your a good rider i would consider the jump all the way up to a 250.

Yeah go for the 125....If you really feel like you can handle it (like PGer555 said)...head to a dealer and test drive a 2-stroke 250, see how it feels....if you find it easy to control id say go for a 250 then...however riding it in a parking lot is one thing...on the trails is another.

On 2-stroke's clutch is key....I barely touch my clutch on my 230, unless i get stuck...then i feather it and use the low end tourque to pull out.

I rode a friends KDX220 2-stroke...it hauls ass...and i can handle it better than he can on trails....plus i love the flickability of the thing...

Speaking of which...I had to help him get unstuck by myself when he couldnt today on the trials around 9-10 times.....just dont go over your head or get too confident....other wise youll be in deep shit....like my friend is half the time (He fell off 2....not one...but 2....5 ft rock ledges....luckily his bike didnt come down on him...)