Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400 exhaust

I am looking to purchase a new exhaust for my DRZ400S. Anyone help me with this. I am only looking for a slip on, dont want to fork out the price for a whole system. I am leaning towards the FMF Powercore 4 from what I have been reading on here.

Jay

02 DRZ400 Mine

04 DRZ125 Son

05 Polaris 500 Wife

Save your money up till you can get a full exhaust. The S has a small head pipe that is pretty restrictive. A slip on will give you noise, but a full system will get you noise and power.

Regalman's right, although the Yosh slip-on does create a more free flowing exhaust system as do the others.

If you're looking for appreciable power gain, go with a full exhaust. If you are only interested in changing the looks and sound of the bike, a slip-on will do the trick.

As far as which slip-on to get, I would think that any one that appeals to you will be just fine.

Save your money for the full system. Otherwise you have an expensive noise maker. The restriction is the head-pipe.

I bought a WB-E2 slip-on and then a month later a FMF head pipe. Which required me to fabricate a coupling to join the two :applause: . So I suggest getting the full system...wait.

Just want to echo the others' thoughts on waiting for a full system....and to welcome you to ThumperTalk!! :applause:

Thank you for the welcome Greg. I am just a trail rider. Nothing to radical, but I like to have fun. I am going towards the FMF Powercore 4 as indicated before, Does FMF made a head pipe for the S? I am looking for a performance gain but I do not like the way that the stock pipe sounds so I am also looking for the nice sound that a performance pipe makes most and foremost.

Jay

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/search.php

If you search "exhaust" and specify DRZ forum, you get about a bazillion hits. Anything you want to know about a DRZ has been discussed here at some point in the past, probably more than once.

For what it's worth, I think the Yoshimura S/O is nice. If you're just going to rejet and 3x3, the stock system probably breathes well enough and costs...nothing!