Red sticker - what if you get caught?

I disagree with you BOLT, your analogy is also faulty. Riding a red sticker bike will not cause an accident like running all those damn red lights in HB ( I hate that also).

California law is bullshit, and you know it. But because you own a green sticker bike you feel compelled to preach the wrongs of riding red sticker.

The only ammunition the greenies need is riding period, you know that. CARB laws are arbitrary as shown by the fact that there is a red sticker o.k. motocross track in Gorman all year, and you can't ride your bike 20 feet away.

I ride with impunity myself and will reap the consequences of my actions sooner or later, oh by the way does that mean I will be treated like crap if I show up to one of your Gorman rides with my red sticker bike???

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you show up at our rides you will be handed a hand shake and a beer probably... If it comes up over a campfire you might get an earful from a few guys... But the ticket is all yours... LOL

I do believe you wheelie-ing through a green sticker day on a red sticker bike gives fuel to the fire... I've seen the reports the Rangers use when reporting on OHVers... and non compliance costs us plenty of support... So when I lose my riding areas thanks to your stubbornness, I do believe it's no different than you ramming my car !

The bigger issue is that Honda could have made that bike Green... and they could have made it more reliable so it didn't eat valves... Honda doesn't do anything unless we give them financial incentive... CARB isn't something you or I can control ! Honda is !

So you gonna come chance The Ranger with the AR15 and Shotgun in his truck that loves to harass red sticker dudes in Gorman next week...?

Not sure if this is the right spot but has anyone ever been caught riding with a red sticker? If so what happens. Im looking to buy a pitbike for tooling around the camp and maybe riding some local trails here in Cali ( around cooks corner ) but bikes with the green sticker run about 800.00 more then the reds.

So whats the worst case senario? They fine me? If so how much? Anyone know?

Thanks,

Rick

worst scenario isnt fining. the worst is they take ur sticker away. if u go to pismo its really easy not to let them c it put the registration sticker on the inside of the forks. um but my friend has a red sticker bike and hasnt been caught yet he almsot got caught in the dunes but we ran lol.

worst scenario isnt fining. the worst is they take ur sticker away. if u go to pismo its really easy not to let them c it put the registration sticker on the inside of the forks. um but my friend has a red sticker bike and hasnt been caught yet he almsot got caught in the dunes but we ran lol.

You don't wear a helmet; do you?

If you show up at our rides you will be handed a hand shake and a beer probably... If it comes up over a campfire you might get an earful from a few guys... But the ticket is all yours... LOL

I do believe you wheelie-ing through a green sticker day on a red sticker bike gives fuel to the fire... I've seen the reports the Rangers use when reporting on OHVers... and non compliance costs us plenty of support... So when I lose my riding areas thanks to your stubbornness, I do believe it's no different than you ramming my car !

The bigger issue is that Honda could have made that bike Green... and they could have made it more reliable so it didn't eat valves... Honda doesn't do anything unless we give them financial incentive... CARB isn't something you or I can control ! Honda is !

So you gonna come chance The Ranger with the AR15 and Shotgun in his truck that loves to harass red sticker dudes in Gorman next week...?

I am not coming to this ride because I am riding the Forest up there this friday, then fishing on Sat. But that beer does sound enticing...

BoltP :ride: has got to be one of the biggest hypocrites I think I have ever seen on this sight. If you want to get a good laugh, left click on his name and find previous post and you'll see he gets mean and nasty with quite a few people. Yet if someone dishes it back at him he crys foul and states the rules ? What a baby :ride:

Now back to the post :banana: I agree with others here when it comes to unjust laws. How do you justify year long track riding at Gorman and Glen Helen and yet just up the street you can't run your clean running 4 stroke dirt bike, yet 02 an older 2 strokes are unrestricted

Remember a Green sticker bikes got a green sticker because when it was tested, it passed with low emissions. This will probably get me flamed, but to all you green sticker guys preaching like you are above the laws to us unruly law breaking guerrillas. Take this to heart ? Do you think the people who made these rules would approve of smog block off plate, JD jetting, different carbs, pink/grey wire mods, exhaust changes, camshaft changes, intake mods, big bore kits and basically anything that modifies the stock emissions????? IF YOU HAVE DOWN ANY OF THE ABOVE, technically you are no longer green sticker complaint :ride: You guys are living the loop hole for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they start to crack down on those changes!!! So please stop preaching to us! Especially you BoltPerformance :ride:

hey fumunda from down unda,once dated a girl with the fumunda down unda,shes resting quietly now..as for you what the hell are you smoking????? if you were my kid i would slap the piss out of you for being so god-dam ignorant.im not the most liked guy on tt but i dont care i call it the way i see it.go ahead do what you wanna do but its shits like you that piss off the redneck phuqen rangers and mess it up for everyone else

hey fumunda from down unda,once dated a girl with the fumunda down unda,shes resting quietly now..as for you what the hell are you smoking????? if you were my kid i would slap the piss out of you for being so god-dam ignorant.im not the most liked guy on tt but i dont care i call it the way i see it.go ahead do what you wanna do but its shits like you that piss off the redneck phuqen rangers and mess it up for everyone else

Don't tell me. Tilson51 is your kid. This all makes sense now.

BoltP :ride: has got to be one of the biggest hypocrites I think I have ever seen on this sight. If you want to get a good laugh, left click on his name and find previous post and you'll see he gets mean and nasty with quite a few people. Yet if someone dishes it back at him he crys foul and states the rules ? What a baby :ride:

Now back to the post :banana: I agree with others here when it comes to unjust laws. How do you justify year long track riding at Gorman and Glen Helen and yet just up the street you can't run your clean running 4 stroke dirt bike, yet 02 an older 2 strokes are unrestricted

Remember a Green sticker bikes got a green sticker because when it was tested, it passed with low emissions. This will probably get me flamed, but to all you green sticker guys preaching like you are above the laws to us unruly law breaking guerrillas. Take this to heart ? Do you think the people who made these rules would approve of smog block off plate, JD jetting, different carbs, pink/grey wire mods, exhaust changes, camshaft changes, intake mods, big bore kits and basically anything that modifies the stock emissions????? IF YOU HAVE DOWN ANY OF THE ABOVE, technically you are no longer green sticker complaint :ride: You guys are living the loop hole for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they start to crack down on those changes!!! So please stop preaching to us! Especially you BoltPerformance :ride:

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

I actually see both sides of the conversation, but I only agree with one.

The sticker law is here to screw us dirtbikers out of a little extra cash (through citations) and hassles (ride time restrictions.) Then they take your OHV funds…and spend it on pointless worthless sh*t that ONLY HURTS the sport. Do some research on what your OHV reg / greensticker funds are used for… you might be surprised at what you find! Do a little more research and you’ll see the fu@ked up “road-less initiatives” that actually make the USFS cash for each mile of trail they close (and as we write, they close trails with reckless disregard).

Point is…

Where do you draw the line?

I assume all of these “law abiding citizens” have bikes and a riding style that are PERFECTLY legal right? So…answer me this…what if…tomorrow…they (your trusting government authorities) decide (because of the “greenie” lobby) to ONLY allow green sticker bikes 2 mos. A yer ride time? Would you turn the other cheek like Jesus?? LOL!

Anyways…back to the thread,

Don’t worry about the red sticker citation bro…just put a green sticker on the bike (from an older bike/snowmobile/buggy/etc)…you know, register that old carcass in your back yard…and PRESTO!!! Your legal…and everyone’s happy!

those lazy coppers never run the #’s anyway! LOL

I disagree with you BOLT, your analogy is also faulty. Riding a red sticker bike will not cause an accident like running all those damn red lights in HB ( I hate that also).

California law is bullshit, and you know it. But because you own a green sticker bike you feel compelled to preach the wrongs of riding red sticker.

The only ammunition the greenies need is riding period, you know that. CARB laws are arbitrary as shown by the fact that there is a red sticker o.k. motocross track in Gorman all year, and you can't ride your bike 20 feet away.

I ride with impunity myself and will reap the consequences of my actions sooner or later, oh by the way does that mean I will be treated like crap if I show up to one of your Gorman rides with my red sticker bike???

dude..let me get an AMEN to that!

:ride:

A lot of guys on this thread talk about how the "greenies want to close us down no matter what". I my experience this has proven that to be true. But, I also know for a fact that they use illegal riding to expedite the closure.

This "do whatever I want cause were screwed anyway" is an imature, short sighted outlook and a self fullfilling prophecy. You guys are handing the greenies ammo to shoot at us.

I believe in "riding legally and do your part to support the sport".

Question: How many of you red sticker riders riding out of season are members of the BRC, support your local riding areas by volunteering, or are members of a club working to protect our sport?

You can either be part of the problem or part of the solution - there isn't any middle ground IMHO.

I believe in obeying the law and if you don't like it, work within the system to change the law.

For example, I am glad to pay the off-road registration fee. I am not happy that a lot of OHV fee money to siphoned off for other uses.

As for the Red Sticker law, it is 1000% better than the alternative, which was no off-road riding for "closed course competition" bikes.

The Red Sticker law is not to protect the deer, bunnies, and hikers from smog. It is to keep dirt bikes from generating clouds of smog that blow over to cities, like Tracy, Sacramento, and others.

The Red Sticker program goes on the assumption you ride your bike for 3 hours at 20 mph each trip. 40 trips a year. I think this is very high for the average rider.

The core of the Red Sticker program is to gather smog credits, so we can sell more HUMMERs and build another power plant (which we need).

I believe the "Big 5" have been very slow to provide advanced off-road green sticker bikes. If you truely believe in the green sticker program, your bikes intake, engine, and exhaust are unchanged. Yeah right...

sorry, my bad, i thought the sarcasm was totally obvious. clearly you socal guys are different.

have fun on your little pitbike.

Hey NEVEDA GUY &%$#@! are you doing in a california FORUM crackhead! :ride:

Name at least one Pro rider who came from the NEVADA!

and oh yea i could still probably lap you on any track with my pit bike on your big bike jackass! :ride: