Sign in to follow this  

motorcycle carrier

I just bought a new 2007 Chevy Tahoe, and want to haul two bikes with a motorcycle carrier. Has anybody had any experience with a two bike carrier and/or tahoe? Thanks

I haven't had any experience but I would imagine that the loading on the trailer hitch would greatly exceed it's capabilities.

I also don't remember ever seeing a 2 bike hitch hauler, probably for this very reason.

I haven't had any experience but I would imagine that the loading on the trailer hitch would greatly exceed it's capabilities.

I also don't remember ever seeing a 2 bike hitch hauler, probably for this very reason.

I've seen them but I agree with Ud_Luz. They don't look stable. If I were hauling two XR70s maybe but not big full-size bikes.

Just get a expanded metal trailer for like $300 from your local tractor supply center.Or a 3 rail trailer would work as well.Either way the 2bikes on a Tahoe isnt a good idea.

I have a 91 cherokee and im looking for a hitch mounted haluer, the type you ride on not jack up. Have u ever heard of the trailer hitch breaking or anything of that nature. My yz250f weighs 220 or so and the max tongue weight of my hitch is 400lbs. I was just thinking that when u hit bumps and the like that the weight of the bike would be intensified so much that my bike would break the hitch. nehow u guys ever hear of such a thing happening? thanks

I have a 2004 Tahoe with the Joe Hauler and it's great. It only holds one bike, but I've had zero problems. There have been many times I wish I had the two bike hauler, so if anyone has used one, please let me know too if they work well. :applause:

Class IV+ will handle a dual carrier. My business partner carries a CRF450 and CRF250 behind his 04 Excursion Diesel 4X4. The carrier started out as a single Sarge Carrier and the mfg customized it for two bikes.

Class IV+ will handle a dual carrier. My business partner carries a CRF450 and CRF250 behind his 04 Excursion Diesel 4X4. The carrier started out as a single Sarge Carrier and the mfg customized it for two bikes.

I stand corrected. In any case I wouldn't try it with a Tahoe. The Excursion is a totally different animal.

The double bike carriers are awesome, We've had zero problems.

They are not often made because you HAVE to use a CLASS 5 hitch!!!! Which we do have on our Excursion.