Sign in to follow this  

What valves to get?

I am having problems with my left intake valve on my 05 rmz250, i have no clearance and i think the valve is cupping so i have decided that i am going to get a new valve kit. im not sure about what parts should be replaced and what parts should be reused? I am looking for reliability and a fair price. Also would you recomend that i get the seats done as well? I race motocross about once a month and i practice about 6 hours a week, would you recomend the kibblewhite kit or is there another brand that is good? Thanks! :applause:

OEM valves respected and treated correctly will work great for many hours. Remember to have the seats for the new valves of course or they won't last two minutes. I think it's worth re-doing all the valves and seats while you have the bike apart, no point in having the bike apart to then have to take it apart possibly a few months later to replace another valve(s). I'd get all four seats re-cut and go with new valves and springs and again of course all your gaskets, seals, valve locks etc.

Kibblewhite have had some great valve train setups.

But I'd go OEM any day... :applause:

Thanks alot for the reply! I looking more for reliability rather than performance right now so i wouldnt bother me to replace with oem parts as long as they keep me out on the track.

I'm not doubting Kibblewhite, they are very good, but using aftermarket parts are always a risk. Like some people had problems with SS valves and revving issues. Not saying the Kibblewhite valves will have problems, but personally I'd rather purchase the set of vavles and other engine parts I know for sure will work. I wouldn't have the money to replace some aftermarket ones if they didn't work out. I mean the factory suzuki teams run stock parts, I know they re-build there motors every weekend, but still shows they are good. Look after them and you wil not have any problems, stay away from the rpm limiter and change the oil/filter regular as well as keep checking the valve clearances.

www.wmr1.com

Another good company if you are looking at an aftermarket valve train...

ordered the oem complete valve rebuild kit. I took my valves apart and all four of them were cupping and in need of replacing/seating. Im just wondering what the shop is going to charge me for seating?

Depends, had a Honda CRF250R that ran for a while with bad valves (lack of knowledge of modern 250F). Because of this they had to sweat a new valve seat in because the old one had mushroomed (cupped) so badly it was un re-cuttable.

Here in England I paid £25 per seat which is £100 total.

The seats should run around 150-200, have someone that knows what there doing work on it. Theres a couple of guys on here that can do the seats do a search for Ron Hamp: Handle RHC he should be able to help you out.

Because in Honda0001's garage he has the exact same bike stand and he has a brick wall behind his bike that looks like yours. He also had a CRF250R like you used to have but got a 2006 RMZ250

In his garage he had a 2006 RMZ250 with the exact same mods on it as yours and the same picture of the bike and the same brick wall and bike stand.He also had a 2005 CRF250R and he had valve trouble like your old one did.

Also you and Honda0001 have the same birthday and you guys are both motorcycle technician's that is too weird.

I think you'll find Honda000 whatever, his age is one year older than me, he's BMW motorcycle technicain also, as I am one for Suzuki.

Strange conisidence I admit but I assure you we are two different people.

The Honda I talk about wasn't my bike it was my friends. It was a 2005 bike he'd raced for a few months and really didn't know anything about 250F 4-stroke mantainance. :excuseme: