Sign in to follow this  

Audio Clip TTR 250 Exhaust

Hey. I have noticed a lot of questions regarding the TTR 250 and choices in aftermarket pipes. I have here three audio clips. Unfortunately two are of a stock pipe and one is of a Pro Circuit T-4, wish I had more pipes to test. Sorry.... All were recorded at a distance of 4 feet at exhaust height. I hope this helps anyone in their quest for a new exhasut.

Stock w/ Baffle

Stock w/o Baffle

Pro Circuit T-4

Good Luck!!

pro circuit sounds awesome compared to stock!!!

Good job!

Unfortunately the law and yuppies with weak stomachs don't agree with you. The stock pipe w/o the baffle is a good compromise between sound and performance ...too bad it weighs a ton. I wonder what performance advantage the FMF Q has (if any) over an uncorked stock pipe. The stock pipe uncorked is my set up for sound sensitive areas while the PC T-4 is my hill climbing set up :applause:

What is the db level for the t-4 and stock w/o baffle?

Stock w/o baffle is around 90-93 db

T-4 wide open is around 101db and with the quiet tip its around 96 db

The kicker there is an uncorked stock pipe makes more power than the choked up T-4 as per my butt dyno. The choked up T-4 revs faster, but falls on its ass in the mid range while the uncorked stocker revs a tiny bit slower but doesnt fall on its ass until the top end if that makes any sense. And yes the jetting was close to spot on for both set ups when I did this little experiment...the T-4 is simply not designed to run corked up. The quiet tip is a waste of $25

While that audio file does a good job displaying the tone of the T-4 on this bike, it does not do ear throbbing "bass" the pipe emits much justice.

I just purchased a T4 for my 2002 TTR250 on-line and was right in the middle of the buyers remorse I suffer on anything over $100. I can't tell you how much I appreciate being able to hear what a difference this setup will make on my bike. I'm stoked. I am also doing the Uni filter and airbox but don't undrstand jetting enough to do it myself.

Thanks for taking the time...you made my day

The quiet tip is a waste of $25

It works good, I tuned out the stumble in the midrange a while ago.

Why anyone would buy a loud ass pipe for a trail bike is beyond me. With sound restrictions getting quieter and quieter, manufacturing the loud pipes doesn't make a whole lot of sense either. I went out of my way to put stock (quiet) pipes back on my street bike (bought used w/loud aftermarket turn-outs) because I couldn't stand the racket. Loud pipes = lost riding areas/riding opportunities. Nuff said.

Why anyone would buy a loud ass pipe for a trail bike is beyond me. With sound restrictions getting quieter and quieter, manufacturing the loud pipes doesn't make a whole lot of sense either. I went out of my way to put stock (quiet) pipes back on my street bike (bought used w/loud aftermarket turn-outs) because I couldn't stand the racket. Loud pipes = lost riding areas/riding opportunities. Nuff said.

The T-4 on the TT-R 250 actually isn't as bad as other bikes. But I agree...thats why I got the quiet tip :thumbsup: