Sign in to follow this  

fuel mileage on a dr650?

I recently put on a 16 tooth CS and looks like about 62.5 MPG, all street/backroads raising hell 90% of the time :bonk:

Dyno Jet,Box mod,K&N, 170MJ, FMF Q2 pipe

2006_0521_181126AA.jpg

Thats INSANE!!! I have never heard of mileage that high on even a stock DR. Crap I gotta do what you did...

I am bone stock and I get 58mpg. :excuseme: I have got to install that gas saving 170 main, airbox, K&N, FMF Q2... damn I am just wasting gas keeping it stock what am I thinking!! :busted:

BTW - Nice ride DBL-D I especially like the fender elim.

2000 DR650 (under four thousand miles).

DJ kit, stock muffler and air filter.

150 main, with top of airbox opened up.

Stock throttle out 1 1/2 turns.

I went on a ride with a friend last weekend. He was two up on a Honda 1800 twin. I kept holding back, back... slow down,... - the whole ride. I got 57 MPG. The way I normally ride, 46MPG. Average around 50MPG. I figure, 46 isn't so bad. :excuseme:

Enjoy,

kellog

Stock muffler

Airbox mod

DJ needle 3 from the top

150 mikuni main jet

1 1/4 out on pilot screw

Down to 40 mpg if you ride hard enough, low 50's cruisin'(55-60 mph)

I recently put on a 16 tooth CS and looks like about 62.5 MPG, all street/backroads raising hell 90% of the time :busted:

Dyno Jet,Box mod,K&N, 170MJ, FMF Q2 pipe

2006_0521_181126AA.jpg

HUH?? :excuseme: really??62.5mpg??

u running a 12" front wheel :bonk:. ive got the same set up as you but a TBR pipe and im getting 25MPG tops..i am though riding in the city with minimal hway riding..whats ur secret

HUH?? :excuseme: really??62.5mpg??

u running a 12" front wheel :bonk:. ive got the same set up as you but a TBR pipe and im getting 25MPG tops..i am though riding in the city with minimal hway riding..whats ur secret

As I said before, I get 50mpg, modded with a 160 DJ. Slightly better when it was stock (52-54), slightly worse with the mods and a 170DJ. 62.5 is high but 25MPG? The longest road on my 16 mile commute is 1.8 miles, I ride on 18 different roads and go thru the gears 22 times. I can't ever get less than 45mpg. How many hours do you spend stuck in traffic? I can't imagine the DR getting that bad mileage w/o sitting at idle for extended periods.

As I said before, I get 50mpg, modded with a 160 DJ. Slightly better when it was stock (52-54), slightly worse with the mods and a 170DJ. 62.5 is high but 25MPG? The longest road on my 16 mile commute is 1.8 miles, I ride on 18 different roads and go thru the gears 22 times. I can't ever get less than 45mpg. How many hours do you spend stuck in traffic? I can't imagine the DR getting that bad mileage w/o sitting at idle for extended periods.

honestly, i cant belive how bad my milage is. i can t figure it out :excuseme:

Thats INSANE!!! I have never heard of mileage that high on even a stock DR. Crap I gotta do what you did...

BTW - Nice ride DBL-D I especially like the fender elim.

Spank you on the COMP. there J2....... :excuseme:

It's the blue one so it's a tad faster than the yellow :busted:

But yup around 62MPG,,,and Yup insane at times :bonk:

This would be;

One up riding,long country roads little shifting(mostly 4/5 gear)-Put-Put-Put.

I did a ton of rubber neckin' on that day around the Chickahominy River here in Virginia. With the 16CS it really bring down the revs,,I bet it would lug if it weren't for the power ups......

I can hit 70 in 3ed or 45 in 5th... full range of revs there...

It would be too tall for the dirt I'm sure but it take about 30 min. to swap out.

I have a post on how to change your CS,,, Seen that yet ???

Here is the Chickahominy river area;

scenery01_jpg.jpg

scenery06_jpg.jpg

rice-center.jpg

Ride mine only on the trails and local MX tracks. No idea on the MX track what the mileage is, but in stock configuration (other than Kenda Trackmasters on front and rear and a 14 tooth countershaft) on the trails, she gets 25mpg. Love the Kendas, they bite well.

Both my 1984 Yamaha YZ490 and 2002 Honda CR250R get about 20.

The trails we wide are quite curvey and we are either on the gas or the brakes (no such thing as cruising or coasting). Average trails speed are 35-45mph (were clipping along). Of all the bikes we run, the CR has the hardest time as it is in 5th gear an we find it wound tight (will have to gear higher).

I have used a GPS for noting mileage, Not the speedometer to minimoze any errors due to wheel size, wear slipping, and sliding.

well i haven't changed anything on my bike yet and i did 105 on a 01 DR650. i don't know if they changed anything at the dealership but i don't think they did.

I have a bone stock 2006 Dr650 and I am getting about 50 or slightly above 50. I have checked out my speedometer with at GPS and it reads about 5 mph faster then it is going so I have figured that into my mileage. I also run mostly on the freeway 65-70 mph. About 35 miles of my 45 mile commute one way is freeway. I usually have 5 gallon cans in the garage to fill it up and then figure my mileage over 5 to 10 gallons at a time to get a better average. Anyway this is what I do hope it helps.

:excuseme:

I forgot I am not exactly stock I have put on a K&N air filter but I did not notice a increase or decrease in my mileage after putting it on. :bonk:

~30-55mpg. 30mpg doing trackdays at roadrace tracks. 55mpg while cruising at 55mph.

155 main jet