3rd Gear On Pitbike Help Needed.

Ello ppl,

Got a question, i found out the other day on my pitbike 110cc that when you get into 3rd gear and want to give it some it jumps around e.t.c., now this problem is not the chain because i brought a brand new one for it so its gotta be the gear box, so would anybody like to suggest what i could do to rectify this problem. Thank you Alex.

this might be teaching a granny how to suck eggs, but i had the same problem, and found i hadnt got the chain tight enough, therefore when i opened my 125 up it felt like it was jolting, where the chain wasnt tight on the sprockets.

Also i had to remove my cheap chain tensioner as it was pushing the chain into the bottom of the swing arm, which didnt help.

im haveing that same problem

called the dealer and ordered a puller to pull the engine apart and a 3rd and 4th gear ( think 3rd is bad )

they said they had problems with it so they sent it as a update kit all gaskets and gears

ill let you know if it helped

Dwayne

i had the same problem on my mates bike motocross style swingarm (at a guess i would say thats what you are running ) simple answer chain not tight enough. And the tensioner is also sticking the chain into the swingarm time for a fast50s frame/swingarm some that will sort it

dont tighten your chain too much. i had a friend do so and at 40+ the chain snapped locking the rear rim and he went down on a city road. i had some problems in doing so. as for the bouncing i would check everything these guys have already stated

• 3 weeks later...