Sign in to follow this  

3-1 at forest hill

Ok....wow....is it me or is 3-1 where it goes down near the private property a @#!!@##! man. i got down ok...ROCKS ROCKS ROCKS....took me almost a 1 full hour to get out.........and up the hill...Man! i will NEVER do that ALONE again!.............i thought i was gonna die....... talk about arm pump.......i look like POPEYE...............

Did see some riders staged at the 3's...Hi Guys if you read this...............

Did not catch the names.........Hope ya had a good ride.....

3-1 bad bad Greg................................... :applause:

Yep. That one can be tough. Try it in the rain sometime! :bonk: Next time you can cut out to trail 3.4 and back to 4. That way is a little less rocky. By the way, I tried loop 5 (clockwise) today. Very nice, but there was one steep rock section after a creek crossing that was flat gnarly. Had to push. :D Next week I've got to try 6. Saw some KTM riders today saying they had to pull a bike 75 feet up a near cliff after one of them made just a slight mistep. :applause: That sounds like one sweet trail. :prof: :prof:

OOOOOOO thanks for that tip... i never went down that one b4....lol.

trail 5 i not been on yet....will tho.........

6 is the last one i will try * when ready * i not yet. 3-1 kicked my ass today. :bonk: but i made it thu.... :prof::lol:

pull a bike 75 feet up a near cliff :applause::D:prof:

Crazy I know. He seemed to be a pretty good rider too. I had said I was going to go try 6 and I'm pretty sure all of them replied at once "Don't try it alone!!!" :applause: Very funny. The ride out to 6 was great though, lot's of smooth single track in the pine trees with great dirt. I turned around at the warning sign. :D

Smart Move............do not need that kinda trouble... :prof: When u r ready grasshopper.......you will cross the 6 path :applause::D ........... hehehehe

Hey Greg, we were parked at the threes, two couples and a buddy with his son. Our dog kept going over for some attention. We had a bunch of newbies and had a great ride. Did trail 2 after lunch and I was real proud of my sweetie for making it up the steep loose rocky hill after crossing a creek. That is a great place to stage from when you have newer riders. I'll say hi next time for sure. Sounds like your afternoon was interesting, I would love to get over to 5 sometime. Have to leave the girl behind for that one though. Later, James.

3-1?

You had trouble with 3-1?? :excuseme:

My wife rides her dualsport up, down & sideways on 3-1 in the mud & snow- and still has time to fix us all lunch before the end!! :bonk:

Don't believe me? Ask Dominic...

Where is Dom anyway?? That rascal flee the state already??

3-1?

You had trouble with 3-1?? :p

My wife rides her dualsport up, down & sideways on 3-1 in the mud & snow- and still has time to fix us all lunch before the end!! :p

Don't believe me? Ask Dominic...

Where is Dom anyway?? That rascal flee the state already??

I didn't want to respond to this thread :busted: but you're wife flew up and down 3-1 like it was a paved road :bonk: I even took the MFN group up that way to loop three..I rode 3-1 two weeks ago on my Elsinore with 4" of rear suspension travel :bonk: If anyone can't ride loop 4 and 3-1 third gear pinned, stay off 5 and 6 please... :excuseme: I wish they would close the road at loop three, make it more of a challenge to enjoy the three's..but I don't really care anymore..Close the whole area year round :p

Welp, i guess your wife is alot better of a rider than me then, more power to her. It was nothing but rock, big ass rocks........not small ,BIG And YES i had a hard time...so...whatever. I hope we are talking about the same area at he botom of 3-1 after the split and the map and the Private propery sign. I enjoy my rides and stay within my skill level. Good thing i never ride with ya huh?Say what you will, I really don't mind. :excuseme:

James,

Yes you have a nice doggie :bonk:.... yeah i didn't know anyone there...so i stayed to my self...go figure. lol..... we meet up there again i am sure... :excuseme:

Hey Code, don't get pissed, get yer suspension set up for the conditions!

Be more than happy to help ya out on the clicker settings for slow speed gnarlys.. Hylander, you out there??

Dom, remember when I hit neutral commin' up that slimey mess?

Thought you was gonna corn-hole me- :bonk:

BTW, screw you Dom!!! :excuseme:

trail 7 has the freaky slime stairways, and loop two has the creek xrossing from hell and loop 4 - is no mans' land, you need a quad to ride that rocky quarry ride.

trail 7 has the freaky slime stairways, and loop two has the creek xrossing from hell.

Tell me about it- Lee & I did 2, over to 5, then all of trail 7 last Saturday..

I was on my new 650L- if the old "R" was "The bus", this one's the "Boxcar"! :busted::excuseme:

Man OH man, whadda workout.... :bonk:

I wish they would close the road at loop three, make it more of a challenge to enjoy the three's..but I don't really care anymore..Close the whole area year round :p

Now Now Dom, I for one am thankful that someone "You" showed me the way. :bonk: I have had most of my best rides from that point, :excuseme: as well as most of the worst crashes that I have had. :bonk: But it is all good, I try and limit the exposure, and have swore all to secrecy as to the entrance, :busted: but it is a great place to Stage. From there you can go anywhere. :p

yeah the three's are sweet trails, but the bear population on the threes is heavy. Lots of bears on the loop 3's, be careful out there.

Bears? Last weekend I saw a Wild Pack of Wolverines out there, and they were not to happy. Sheet, if I didn't have my boots on they would have had some fresh meat to enjoy. Be careful out the Y'all Be Careful.

ME pissed? no way.........takes more than that to get me pissed Tirebiter. I am the 1st to admitt i am no pro :busted: Hey yanno, if i enjoy it...Who cares how good i am NOT. :bonk:....

Bears and wolves on the 3's??? oh great. :excuseme::bonk:

trail 7 has the freaky slime stairways, and loop two has the creek xrossing from hell and loop 4 - is no mans' land, you need a quad to ride that rocky quarry ride.

4 is not that bad now. I rode it this Sunday with my neighbor's kid, 15yrs old, KLX 2something. He rode slow, and layed down once just below the finning mill crossing (clockwise). What I didn't like was the A-holes riding that trail like it was a harescramble! :excuseme: There are numerous inside blinds that I took wide since I had four behind me and when I used hand signs they waved by like I was trying to say "hi"....all I got was a helmet nod and then 5 riders careemed by....Yeah, that's where I want to take my 8yr old for his first ride.

Bears on the 3's?

Last year ol' Nutt was haulin' up that narrow stretch on the backside of the threes, and by the dust kickin' up in front of him, he thought he was finally gonna catch me. Well, I was behind him- the dummy was chasin' three bear cubs up the trail.

He stops & waits for me, and says " Hey tire, there's 3 bear cubs in front of us- let's check'm out".

Yup, you guessed it, I hauled ass & let momma eat Nutt..

He uses a Recluse clutch nowdays, and sticks to ridin' places with less obstacles.. :excuseme:

*F* w/ the bear cubs, well that's like kicking your wife/sig other in the ass at 3 in the morning and asking her to make you pancakes for your drunk friends!!! :excuseme::bonk: I did that once.....once..... :busted: