Sign in to follow this  

Priorities Changing

Just a little story I'd like to share, cause I'm sure many of you can relate. Yesterday I was at Rona (our local Home Depot type store) and I was in the market for a new faucet for my kitchen. As I was examining the different models and their hefty price tags, all I could think about was... "hmm that delta faucet, well that's a new set of protaper bars...or that Moen, wow that could be a beautiful pair of Troy Lee pants... I used to get excited about making changes to my home...but now that I've become such a bikin' addict that all I want to do, when work isn't getting in the way...is be out on my bike! :applause:

Pretty soon the yard will be foot high weeds and the paint will be peeling. :applause:

Pretty soon the yard will be foot high weeds and the paint will be peeling. :applause:

Nah, that's what kid's on summer break are for!!! I'll buy the gas for the bikes (and parts and gear) IF the work gets done while I'm at work earning the $$$ for all the goodies. Takes a little (HAH) bit of prodding but mine usually see the light pretty quick.

Faucet is nothing though, I had some plans drawn up for an absolutely beautiful house but my addiction to dirtbikes and other toys kicked in before we got a start on it so we ended up with a nice (but not nearly as nice, expensive or time consuming as the original plan) triple wide delivered onto a full daylight basement and a 40 x 60 shop to store all the toys in (already had the 24 x 16 heated shop for working on stuff). We are rarely in the house, it's a place to keep our stuff, eat and sleep so we figured why spend all the time and $$$ on some showcase when we don't need it.

I agree with you...there is only so much money and only so many hours of sunlight in a year... we must take full advantage of all the bikin' we can do......just don't cook anything, that when hardened on plates won't come clean..LOL!

As I was examining the different models and their hefty price tags, all I could think about was... "hmm that delta faucet, well that's a new set of protaper bars...or that Moen, wow that could be a beautiful pair of Troy Lee pants...

Too funny - I do the same thing. I don't have a dirt bike...yet...but I think of everything in "that's x track days." :excuseme:

Nah, that's what kid's on summer break are for!!! I'll buy the gas for the bikes (and parts and gear) IF the work gets done while I'm at work earning the $$$ for all the goodies. Takes a little (HAH) bit of prodding but mine usually see the light pretty quick.

Faucet is nothing though, I had some plans drawn up for an absolutely beautiful house but my addiction to dirtbikes and other toys kicked in before we got a start on it so we ended up with a nice (but not nearly as nice, expensive or time consuming as the original plan) triple wide delivered onto a full daylight basement and a 40 x 60 shop to store all the toys in (already had the 24 x 16 heated shop for working on stuff). We are rarely in the house, it's a place to keep our stuff, eat and sleep so we figured why spend all the time and $$$ on some showcase when we don't need it.

My son relates everything to the price of his dream bike, as in, "we could have bought three, (insert dream bike of the week here), for what we spend on _______ a year". :excuseme:

Oh this is so true. I do this all the time with my wife. We talk back and fourth and know things need to get done, but also want toys.

The most recent for me will be Father's Day. The kids want to get me a nice pair of sunglasses. I am the type that buys $10 ones cause they get lost or broken. Although I am not supposed to know she wanted me to try some on and let her know so she didn't buy somethign I didn't like. Anyways all I could think of was there is a set of gear or new pair of boots or (insert another motorcycle object..). But you they had a good idea and I won't hurt them to be selfish.

Pretty soon the yard will be foot high weeds and the paint will be peeling. :excuseme:

Got that right!! I learned not just too long ago that all that 'stuff' can wait-and WILL wait... life is too short !! CARPE DIEM!!!!!!! :bonk: