Sign in to follow this  

2007 Rmz 450

Yeah looks like you get graphics and an ugly seat.
and new suspension components and a lighter, better handling chassis (frame is a bigger than FI!)

That pic with RC, thats not the 2007, thats the 06 frame.

yes it is look at the shrouds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know...RC's runnin '07 plastic on his '06 factory bike in the nationals. :excuseme:

NO RC is running the shrouds on his 06 also...they fit.

I just saw the bad news and better pics. Thats still the same frame as 2006.

Next year will be the new frame and the FI.

NO RC is running the shrouds on his 06 also...they fit.

I just saw the bad news and better pics. Thats still the same frame as 2006.

Next year will be the new frame and the FI.

Are you saying the 2007 model is the same frame as 2006? Even though the website says its an updated frame?

Are you saying the 2007 model is the same frame as 2006? Even though the website says its an updated frame?

Yea im not getting it myself......on suzukis site they say the frame is completely different from the 06 but again I guess we will just have to wait.....

I don't know...RC's runnin '07 plastic on his '06 factory bike in the nationals. :excuseme:

I didnt know they would fit...my 06 only has 3 screws for the shroud, the picture of the 2007 bike shown has 4 :bonk::busted: ..........

You are wrong. That bike in the picture is the 2007 RMZ 450. The frame is different, you just have to look hard.

RMZ450K5.jpg

RMZ450ZK7.jpg

Taken from Transworldmx

''The RM-Z450s, meanwhile, sat idle for the most part, as all of the team's factory 450 riders are sidelined with injuries. Suzuki will allow one of the factory test riders to race the machine in this weekend's race, so I will be sure to get video of him in action for next week's Thursday Theater. The bike has an all-new frame, which was said to be designed with greater rigidity in mind. Check out the new frame rail behind the radiator shrouds, and you get the idea. All of the RM-Z450s were equipped with electronic fuel injection, and Suzuki did not attempt to cover the bikes or hide the system like Yamaha and Honda did. (More on that later.) Unlike the 2006 Suzuki LTR450 Quadracer, which comes with EFI right off the dealership floor, the RM-Zs do not rely on a battery and electric starter to get the system to fire the bike up. Two of the RM-Zs on hand used KYB works components, while the others used Showa.''

You are wrong. That bike in the picture is the 2007 RMZ 450. The frame is different, you just have to look hard.

I don't see a difference on the RC replica photo, but Suzuki (probably other mfg's. too) isn't too careful about press photos. Plus, that RC replica photo only has 3 screws on the shroud. My guess is that they will have a new frame in 07.

Last year they ran photos of the 06 that had the upper motor mount in a completely different location than the 05...06 production bikes ended up having it in the same position as the 05's. Also, they said my '06 was supposed to have a 48 tooth sprocket...it came with a 49.

Check out the upper left photo of RC's national bike. Looks like they dropped an insert into the side number plate for the sand at Southwick. (plus good view of the shrouds). http://www.amamotocross.com/gallery.php?gid=435&UID=G1c4GwTjnqgyR3qhkQoxTVBGxJEE7W

they need to put a 5 speed on this damm bike :bonk::p:excuseme:

Why do they think a 4 speed is the best :bonk:

NO 5th gear needed on this bike!!!!!!!!!!!! :busted:

Just last night I was riding a motocross track and could not decide if I wanted to stay in 2nd or 3rd for a big uphill step up. The step up is about 100ft, with a good approach. Turns out that 2nd gear had more than enough to get me powered up and over it without hitting the rev limiter.

3rd gear has plenty of legs, and the top of 4th has more than anyone should ever need on a motocross track.

(sorry for getting angry)

Taken from Transworldmx

All of the RM-Z450s were equipped with electronic fuel injection, and Suzuki did not attempt to cover the bikes or hide the system like Yamaha and Honda did. (More on that later.) Unlike the 2006 Suzuki LTR450 Quadracer, which comes with EFI right off the dealership floor, the RM-Zs do not rely on a battery and electric starter to get the system to fire the bike up. Two of the RM-Zs on hand used KYB works components, while the others used Showa.''

EFI? Zook site says FCR40 :excuseme:

What the hells going on. anyway Im happy with my 06.

NO 5th gear needed on this bike!!!!!!!!!!!! :excuseme:

Just last night I was riding a motocross track and could not decide if I wanted to stay in 2nd or 3rd for a big uphill step up. The step up is about 100ft, with a good approach. Turns out that 2nd gear had more than enough to get me powered up and over it without hitting the rev limiter.

3rd gear has plenty of legs, and the top of 4th has more than anyone should ever need on a motocross track.

Ya I don't ride MX maybe once or twice a year. Mostly woods and desert. Trust me a 5th gear would complete this bike. I love this bike, but I want a 5speed.

NO 5th gear needed on this bike!!!!!!!!!!!! :bonk:

5 gears for shorter gear ratios. Not speed. :excuseme: I would love another gear sometimes.

Ya I don't ride MX maybe once or twice a year. Mostly woods and desert. Trust me a 5th gear would complete this bike. I love this bike, but I want a 5speed.

So listen its simple go get a dezert bike not a track bike simple as that.....u complain about a bike u bought......u should have done your homework before buying.........u want a woods and dezert bike well the drz is a great choice and or the crfx450 wr450........they are all set up for this kind of riding why buy something thats not really diercted for your type of riding???????I love the 4 speed its perfect for the track I dont have to shift barely at all and can consentrate on my skills......I have ridden this bike in the dezert and u know I keep up with just about anyone but yea its alot for this bike to go through when people are doing 45 to 65..mph.....anyway if u want to make your rmz more for the dezert get a smaller tooth sprocket drop down to a 46 or a 45 tooth and u will feel like your on a bike that will just keep pulling.....as for the gas tank go to ims and get a dezert tank.....u can set this bike up for the dezert but u would have been better off buying a bike that suite your riding style in the first place!!!!!! :excuseme:

5 gears for shorter gear ratios. Not speed. :excuseme: I would love another gear sometimes.

WHY :bonk::busted::bonk::p 5 gears is pointless...........and much to much work......

if u want to make your rmz more for the dezert get a smaller tooth sprocket drop down to a 46 or a 45 tooth and u will feel like your on a bike that will just keep pulling.....as for the gas tank go to ims and get a dezert tank.....u can set this bike up for the dezert but u would have been better off buying a bike that suite your riding style in the first place!!!!!! :excuseme:

True... but I prefer a motocross bike for the desert because I like having a lighter bike and harder hitting power. Also, if you change the gearing like you mentioned, first gear would be way too high for anything technical (first gear stock is already too high). I guess it would be ideal to have 5 speed bike with a wide ratio tranny installed.

True... but I prefer a motocross bike for the desert because I like having a lighter bike and harder hitting power. Also, if you change the gearing like you mentioned, first gear would be way too high for anything technical (first gear stock is already too high). I guess it would be ideal to have 5 speed bike with a wide ratio tranny installed.

Thats why I metioned a crfx or even the crf450 come to think of it if u want to keep the light agile feeling.......Im a zook guy for life and would never want one of my zook buddies go red or anything other color for that matter....but if it fits your riding style better...than Im all for it....... :excuseme: U could try and run a 46 tooth....c what it feels like I ran a 46 on my crf450 dezert bike.....and first gear felt ok to be honest....I think on the 4 speed it may feel even better....but with a 13/46 u would have a 3.53 gear ratio