Sign in to follow this  

Question about Cycra probend hand guards

I'm two months into dirt biking and last week I bent my break lever when I was riding. I feel so stupid I was just sitting on a hill not really paying attention and I guess the weight of the bike shifted or something. It just tipped over and the bike must have hit break lever first and it bent the thing. I bent the lever back to place for a quick fix and I attend to buy a new stock lever and some Cycra probend hand guards.

I heard that the Cycra probend guards are the "best" and to get the ones that mount to the triple clamp. There are a lot of different options and I just don't want to order the wrong ones.

Question time. First off the side triple clamp mount is the one to get right? Not the front mount triple clamp mount. Second thing I really need to know is what the stock bars are made out of Steel or Alloy so I can get the correct "bar end style".

Bike is 06 stock

You will also have to mod the tripple clamp bracket to clear the headlight mount. A die grinder will fix that right up. Also get longer bolts to mount the bracket to the tripple clamp. The stock bolts will be too short and they dont come in the kit.

closeup.jpg

Don't ignore the Fastway guards. They are a little bit more expensive but they require absolutely no modifications, they fit perfectly on the 250x with no special mods or effort. I've "tackled" my fair share of trees with them - believe me they do the job. No broken fingers or levers. http://www.fastwayperformance.com/fitsystem.html

order new bolts from your honda dealer.

part number 90107-krn-000

Based on my experience, if you buy the guards from Cycra - they'll send you the bolts with the guards.

Based on my experience, if you buy the guards from Cycra - they'll send you the bolts with the guards.

No luck, I just orderd a set and called with the request for longer bolts and they said "no, uh, we, uh, don't offer that". For a company that offers such a great product, that was surprising.

Thanks for the Honda part number.. I'll order them today.

Pete

I really like my fastways! I thing they are associate with cyra tho because on the bar they have a cyra probend sticker. Anyway really solid and mount to the bar mounts instead of the triple clamp. I believe this is a stronger mounting point ( more clamping surface).

Finalclean009.jpg

Frontplatemount001.jpg

I like the Fastways too. I like the fact I was able to make them work with my cut bars. Way stronger then clamp style.

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

Dennit,

Those are some seriously impressive radiator shrouds and radiators! My shrouds have long since seperated from the front bolts, but they've only been flipped back a few times by trees and my radiators are just a bit wrinkled. You worked that thing hard. (I know this sounds like a dig, but it's not, I'm just impressed with how hard you must have ridden that thing)

If you go looking to replace the Flatland's, I got rad guards from Rooster Performance, and they feel way stronger than my old Flatlands.

Pete

I like the Fastways too. I like the fact I was able to make them work with my cut bars. Way stronger then clamp style.

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

Now there's a woods bike!:lol: Tight woods down in Jersey, eh?