Sign in to follow this  

06 DR650 handlng ??

Fat Chance uses comma splices more than any punctuation nit-picker I know!!

Ehem - for those who are truly interested, there are several English grammar, spelling, etc. forums out there in the big world. I'm sure that their members would enjoy this thread more than most of us.

I'm new here, but I participate in other forums. Grammar isn't usually an issue anywhere. This isn't English class. Do what I did. (I never felt like I needed to anywhere before) Click on Fat Chance's name over his Mr. Natural avatar, and add him to your "ignore list". Now I can read this thread without the lectures. He's gone. See Yah!

need some oil to stop the whining.

speaking of which does anyone hear a high pitched whine in the oil coller when shutting off their dr650?

mine did it for the first 200 miles but doesn't anymore?

semantics people, semantics!

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

Wow, I can read the above just as easy a white collar communist could handout a welfare check..............

cehers ! !

corporate welfare? or for SUV driving soccer mom's or guntoting NASCAR illiterate rednecks who have white collars cuz granddady homesteaded?

pacee

dude chill out.

What are you, a 15 year old dropout? Take a smart pill yourself.

We all make errors at one time or another. This is a forum where we communicate in written English. What he wrote wasn't a spelling or grammar error, it was gibberish. If we cannot effectively communicate, this whole forum becomes meaningless because it will be impossible to tell what the other person is trying to say. We all make judgements about each other based upon the way we represent ourselves to each other in our writing. You may not like me because I point out a poorly written mess, I think less of you because you don't value communication skills. One of those factors in judging others is if the person writes in a purposefully childish fashion. As I said, we all make spelling and grammar errors, but you have to consciously type without capital letters and punctuation and that was my point. Is it to look cool? Is it because it is in fashion to look like an uneducated idiot? Doing so is just lazy and disrespectful to the audience from whom he as asking a question. You may choose to disagree, which is fine. At least I could read what you wanted to communicate to me and I respect you for having the common courtesy of using effective writing skills to do so.

Fatty, I am soooo sorry for pointing out your rude reply to a question on a motorcycle forum with you giving the poor guy a lecture in communications. Look at all the trouble and upset I have now caused. This thread is now longer than the one on the "size of your knobbies". If it makes you feel any better I have enrolled in adult summer school for grammer and am also taking anger management classes so I can keep my mouth shut. Hope my spelling and syntax (?) was correct......oh yeah....if aliens ever try to contact this planet ( ala close encounters) hope you aint at the wheel when the message comes through. They might just kill us all for being rude. :ride::ride:

ivebeenaroundprobablylongerthanyouhaveandhavealonghistoryof

helpingpeopleonmotorcycleforumssoidontneedanylecturesbyyou

ididnotpointouthisshortcomingsimadeasuggestionthatwouldhelp

himbettercommunicatewhathewantedtosaymypointtoyouwasthat

whatthatfellowdidwasrudebecausehehadtopurposelymakeasilly

writingaffectationtopresentsomethingabouthimselfmypostwas

obnoxiousinfactitriedtobeexplicitlypoliteimsorrythatyouwere

offendedbutiamnotheretomakeyouhappyihopeyoucanreadthispost

aswellandcanappreciatethethoughtthatwentintoitforyourbehalf

NOW TATS EASYER AINT IT!

just wondering havent had a bike for about 8 years so i got the 650 few mods carb,FMF silencer,KENDA K760 tires,14 tooth sprocket bike runs great one problem i have noticed it likes to plow coming into corners feels like the bike wants to come right out from underneith me i have in the past have had big bikes CR500,and KX500 i dont remember this feeling when i was screaming down the road or trail maybe it was because i was younger a friend of mine is having the same problem he bought the DRZ400s i am running 20lbs. in the tires maybe to much?? any help would be great thanks scott

I have done just about every thing to a DR to make it close to an XR as I could off road. I am 5'5" 165 lb 42 year old and the springs are two soft. Then here is my 2 bits; spring the bike to your weight, Jessie at Keintech can help you with that, then a fork brace fromRSW ,you will have to cut the fender a little 15 PSI off road max pressure be sure and set your sag.

What a bunch of F'n cry babies in here!

Think I'll have another beer and head over to Jo Momma

FYYFF'S!

20 lbs is marginaly too much pressure for off road in any surface. I never run more than 18 lbs soemtimes as low as 15.

If you are running the stock tires you are going to have to turn with the back wheel b/c the stock tires dont grip on anything but hardpack.

I don't know your weight but can tell you if you are over 140 lbs you should upgrade the front and rear springs to something heavier.

BTW, I own a set-up DR650 a Wr400 and a husky 2stroke and the DR handles as well as any of them ridden within its limitaitons.

You just need to set the bike up right lake any other.

Start with springs and knobbies and see if it gets better.

I have a '99 650 and have great success with the following set up, with me weighing in at 220 ready to ride:

Put 1/2" spacers in the forks, added 15cc more fluid.

Cranked the shock spring to almost the end.

Put on Kenda K270 tires.

I run the tires at 26 psi on the street and 14-16 psi in the woods. If I ride with 26 psi in the woods I'll be killed, like riding on ice. In the right hands you can't touch this bike in the woods. I'm talking hard packed and rocky trails, but it also works quit well in the mud in a straight line. It is a heavy bike so it will probably plow a bit no matter what. I will tell you this. This bike was ridden by my son @ 15 years old with a group that was on a KTM520, an older KTM 250, a DRZ400E (me) and a Yamaha WR426. In the twisty stuff he smoked us all. Couldn't stay near him. We all had between 20 and 40 years riding experience on him. So my point is, the bike is capable of just about anything in the right hands with the right set-up.