Sign in to follow this  

300sx

Do they still make one? I know they use to make 200sx so i would think they make a 300sx :excuseme:

never made one.

125sx

200sx (03-04)

250sx

380sx (99-02)

450sx

525sx

but.......guys have made a 300sx with some mods. i think i saw a 250sx head was used. theres info about it on ktmtalk. it sounds interesting, but scary.

They offer a 300XC..a sort of do it all bike with close ratio tranny and other ammenities more suited to closed course work then the EXC version. MXA magazine did a project work up on one declaring it a good bike for vet/senior mx racing

My dad has given me the chance to build me my dream bike. He said a brand new bike under 7k. He said I get to keep the money i get when i sell my bike. I dont want a 4stroke because i would hate the maintaince and what not. But i would love the torque. I always hear raves about the KTM's bottom end punch and thats what im looking for. But i want it for track. I havent heard any particular raves of the 250sx's torque so i assume it isnt too great like the 300. So my dilema is what bike to get. dont want the 200 because it can hang with 250f but not 450s. Would the 300 be esy to handle on the track? What mods should i put on it?

I would recommend just buying a 380 sx and fixing it to your needs if you're positive you want a 2 stroke. The motor has a broder power range than the 300 and if you get get the suspension worked it should turn out to be a great bike. And the 200 can definitely hang with the 450's you just gotta know how to ride it. The only real shortcoming of the 200 is DEEP sandy uphills. It definitely has the most hit out of ktm's 2 stroke lineup but it just doesn't have the grunt of its bigger siblings. I wouldn't count out getting a 4 stroke either, on the track they just hook up so much better, they're not that much heavier than the 2 strokes, and they do better on gas for those long desert rides. Personally I would get a 505 sxf when they come out and then make the 6-speed conversion. When I sat on the '06 525sx it felt just as light as my 200 and after riding my dad's 450x at the track I can't see my self doing any motocross on anything but a 4 stroke 450 or something bigger.

I would recommend just buying a 380 sx and fixing it to your needs if you're positive you want a 2 stroke. The motor has a broder power range than the 300 and if you get get the suspension worked it should turn out to be a great bike. And the 200 can definitely hang with the 450's you just gotta know how to ride it. The only real shortcoming of the 200 is DEEP sandy uphills. It definitely has the most hit out of ktm's 2 stroke lineup but it just doesn't have the grunt of its bigger siblings. I wouldn't count out getting a 4 stroke either, on the track they just hook up so much better, they're not that much heavier than the 2 strokes, and they do better on gas for those long desert rides. Personally I would get a 505 sxf when they come out and then make the 6-speed conversion. When I sat on the '06 525sx it felt just as light as my 200 and after riding my dad's 450x at the track I can't see my self doing any motocross on anything but a 4 stroke 450 or something bigger.

Well im only 15yo, 5'6", and 125lbs. Im not gonna go over 300cc and im not gonna go through the hassle of replacing a 4storke top end when i drop a valve :excuseme: . Im gonna race the piss ouuta my 125 for one more year and get as much money as i can out of it. :bonk: Look for a project build in about a year or so!

Note: the reason my dad is doing this is because we are building a motosports complex here in colorado and my dad plans on making a fortune (he is very successful). Also be looking for a new dirt oval, motocross track, drag strip, ect..... :busted:

Contact Hokie on this site. He turned his 300 EXC into a 300 SX and we live in Colorado.

You should also contact http://www.slavensracing.com/products.htm He is one of the KTM 300 Gods.

IMO, if you're coming off a 125, a 250SX will knock you into orbit and you'd be EXTREMELY happy with that bike.

Well im only 15yo, 5'6", and 125lbs. Im not gonna go over 300cc and im not gonna go through the hassle of replacing a 4storke top end when i drop a valve :excuseme: . Im gonna race the piss ouuta my 125 for one more year and get as much money as i can out of it. :bonk: Look for a project build in about a year or so!

Note: the reason my dad is doing this is because we are building a motosports complex here in colorado and my dad plans on making a fortune (he is very successful). Also be looking for a new dirt oval, motocross track, drag strip, ect..... :busted:

Just from my personal preference I would go with the 380. I'm also 15, 5'8", and 135 lbs. I think you would be fine making the transition because I haven't had any trouble riding my dad's 450x at the track even after coming off a TTR 125 to my 200 exc. I find some jumps and sandy uphills a little tough even on the 450 where I think I could use just a little extra power. If you think you would be better off on a 300 than that's fine, but you may find yourself wanting just a little extra power when you get used to your bike.

buy a 300XC, Buy a 250sxf gas tank and shrouds and install it.

...and thats all you need to do to get it MX ready.

Where are you guys building this complex at in CO?

somewhere in Elbert county, near Kansas. we are doing this because kansas is IMCA modified heaven! :excuseme::bonk: