Sign in to follow this  

How tall were you?

First of all I'll tell you I'm starting this thread in every 250F forum. I'm wanting to get a 250F soon, but I am only 5' 5". What I'm wondering is how tall were you when you got your 250 (if you remember) and/or how tall are you now. The reason I want that info is so I know how much I need to grow until I can get my 250F. Thanks :excuseme:

why does height matter. you dont need to touch the ground to ride a dirt bike. i know 5'5" kids that race 250f's in the intermedate class and kick ass. YOU DONT NEED TO TOUCH THE GROUND TO RIDE!!!

I was 5'4" and still am for that matter! :busted: All I did was cut down the seat some and I have no problems riding the bike at all. :excuseme:

I do both trails and race on a track from time to time. When I first got the bike I was a bit akward because of my height but about 2 weeks later it was becoming easier to ride. Now I have a few months in, and im thinking about buying a 450f on the side. :bonk:

i am 6'1 and 15, so i need to worry about actually fitting the bikes.......but shave down your seat foam basically like a step seat and if you need even more buy a lower sub-frame.

Bubba is only like 5'6" tall and he does ok for himself! RC is only a few inches taller than you too. To be honest, the shorter you are the better.

Bubba is only like 5'6" tall and he does ok for himself! RC is only a few inches taller than you too. To be honest, the shorter you are the better.
i agree with that the best riders in the world are around 5'5

Bubba is only like 5'6" tall and he does ok for himself!

JS has a custom-set up bike. Suspension and all.

i agree with that the best riders in the world are around 5'5

At 5'1, my wife has been kicking my ass on the track lately. Today will be the 3rd rematch at the local track. But seriously, anyone 5'5 or under needs to have their bike's suspension modified. Yeah, you can ride without touching the ground but what happens when you need to start the freaking thing on the track after a spill? Has anyone ever tried starting a 4-stroke at 5'5? It's almost impossible if you are 5'2 or 5'1.

I sent my CRF suspension to Factory Connection so that they can shorten the forks and shocks by 1.5 inches for my wife. With the revalving and shortening of the suspension, she can now start the bike and ride like a normal rider on the track without fear. The confidence level is priceless.

Speaking of trails, has anyone ever tried starting a bike on an up hill and can't reach the starter lever? Tried doing it when you have to pull the hot-start with your left fingers, grab the front brake with the right finger, and starting the bike. It's not fun when you are short.

My recommendation to anyone who can't grow anymore is to get your suspension serviced. If you are a teenager, just wait...you'll grow into the bike. :excuseme:

how do u short guys useally do starts, standing at like 5'5?? u just put blocks or what but dont u find the blocks get in way some times?

Never had to use blocks. I just pop it in 2nd with my feet on the ground. When the shocks warm up, it gets a little lower.

My son is 14 and 5'4" neither suspension of seat is lowered. he touches with tip toes. Can lean bike a little to get left foot on the ground and kicks the thumper over fine. Uses blocks for starts and no they will not get in the way.