Getting registered in CT.

I am trying to figure out a way to get my bike registered so I can so some local Turkey Runs, and maybe an enduro eventually. In order to do these events, I need to have a street legal plate. I have been to these events and know that these bikes are not street legal, no mirrors, blinkers, and original knobbie tires. Many of them have out of state plates, mostly VT. How do I go about getting my bike registered without having to go through the hassle of installing a dual sport kit and street legal tires (not to mention spending the money for the kit), just to remove it all once I get the plate. I can get an ATV reg., but that limits me to just doing hare scrambles.

Any help suggestions would be appreciated.

I actually just received my title today!!! I have a DRZ400E, nothing street legal about it, did some wiring and spent some time at the DMV and finally got it thru. I am all set now, not to mention the value I added to the bike now that is street titled...

I posted somes strings about what I had to do, let me know if you have any questions. What have you got for a bike? Does it have a lighting coil on it?