Sign in to follow this  

Looking for upside down forks Australia

I'm looking to replace my stock front end with upside down forks. Burned told me the RM250 front end will replace the stock. I'm in OZ... does anyone know where i can source this part?? Cheers

RM fork from year 96 - 98 will fit right on without change of clamp

although it is not USD fork, but it is much better.

I'm looking to replace my stock front end with upside down forks. Burned told me the RM250 front end will replace the stock. I'm in OZ... does anyone know where i can source this part?? Cheers

Try Joe's in Canberra. I believe they're meant to be pretty good with this sort of stuff. Ph: (02) 6280-6223

mal

You would be better off setting up the forks for your weight and re-valving them.

Trust me it is chalk and cheese with these adjustments.

You would be better off setting up the forks for your weight and re-valving them.
Probably cheaper too! But I like the clean looks of the RM forks.

Aren't the DRZ forks upsidedown when in Australia anyway?? Just kidding, get some racetech fork springs and good fork fluid and maybe a revalve. Take the boots off the forks and put the KTM fork guards on. There are not many forks that work as good as mine do for me for trail riding. :excuseme:

I thought the word was the upside down or USD forks provide very little, if any, performance improvement over properly valved and sprung stock Showas.

Definately get it re-valved. See if the suspension guy you take it to knows how to remove the check plate and put a mid-valve in there. In any case, springs alone don't do it.