Sign in to follow this  

Carb Pump Cover

Has anyone put a pump cover on a 2003 crf450? I have a friend who put it on his 250X and loves it. I am wondering if it is worth the $80 dollars for this little part. I do have a little hesitation when cracking the throttle open from the closed position, I would like to get rid of this bog if possible. Has anyone put this on a 450? is it worth it?

Thanks

Has anyone put a pump cover on a 2003 crf450? I have a friend who put it on his 250X and loves it. I am wondering if it is worth the $80 dollars for this little part. I do have a little hesitation when cracking the throttle open from the closed position, I would like to get rid of this bog if possible. Has anyone put this on a 450? is it worth it?

Thanks

you do not need this part at all,---these race bikes have more than enough adjustment to go either way ( rich or lean )--way beyond what the aftermarket cover could ever do.

you need to Read the thread on UNREAL THROTTLE RESPONSE, ---( i think that is what it is )

its a STICKY thread up top of the forum that Readbeard ( Josh ) started --and he has the mods and instructions on what to do and how the system works,

there are so many engineered in set ups on these race bikes in stock form that need to be learned , explored and understood fully -----before you start hanging on aftermarket gimmicks that can get you further behind the learning curve . :excuseme::bonk:

Reduce your leak jet size and make sure your APlinkage has no slop.

I have a WR with the quick shot. As I worked thru the jetting I found that the L Jet size reduction and AP adjustment provided the best response increase.

I now have a 03 CRF450R that has a Powernow. Its response better than the WR.

I have one on my 02 crf 450. I noticed an improvement, but was more impressed with the JD jet kit. Both together work real good. along with redbeards crazy throttle response. If you want I will sell you my quickshot for $50. I am selling some of the stuff off my crf450 because I am selling the bike, and trying to get a little extra cash. I have some other stuff like radiator guards, desert tank, stainless oil filter, rear billet disk guard. PM me or email me at ssnova18@yahoo.com