Fork and Shock DVD's, replace seals, revalve

Suspension questions are one of the most frequently asked types of question on TT. There's a good reason too. Suspension setup & operation is so important to riding comfortably and safely. Most people don't service their suspension frequently enough though. I know I didn't until I learned how. It was too expensive to take it into the shop and I wasn't comfortable trying it on my own.

If you want to learn how your suspension works and learn how to change the oil seals, valves & shims then Motopower Video Productions may have the DVD for you. We currently cover more than 225 yr/make/model forks and another 225 yr/make/model shocks. Each DVD covers the specific operation, removal, disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly of the fork/shock. Therefore, you are watching a DVD that applies directly to your bike rather than a generic DVD on suspension. The video starts by removing the shock/fork and ends by replacing it correctly. The shock DVD even shows how to set the sag!

The certified suspension technician shows the removal of every bolt, nut and circlip. Nothing is skipped! He even shows how to make some of the tooling to reduce cost.

We're currently working on two more suspension DVD's - one on the Honda XR's and the other on the Suzuki DRZ's.

Please write us if you're interested in seeing a maintenance procedure not covered. Just click on the link to go the our website and see previews of various DVD's www.motopowervideo.com

I have been interested in learning how to re-valve my suspension. I have been told to leave it to the professionals. But I am not one of those, "Here is my suspension and $800 bucks please make my suspension better," kind of guys. Is this video going to give the viewer the knowledge needed to do a professional caliber re-valve? I can replace seals, fluid, springs etc on the forks but when it comes to the shock or messing with a re-valve it's intimidating.

The shock and fork videos shows how to disassemble the valve/shim assembly and describes how the fluid flows through the valve. Replacing the valve is simple when you have the stack disassembled.

The video also describes how to make the suspension softer/stiffer by removing/adding shims. We don't give SPECIFIC recommendations on which shims should be removed/added because we don't know the improvement you're trying to make to your suspension. If you purchase an aftermarket valve, some manufacturers will recommend a valve/stack based on your weight, riding style and what you want the suspension to do. You shouldn't have any problems revalving if you use the DVD with the suppliers recommendations.

I'm happy to answer any other questions you have about the DVD's.

I hope this helps.