Knee Braces ?

Has anyone had there Blue Cross Blue Shield buy there Knee Braces? I heard it has been done..If so how ? most good braces are custom fit by doctors right? how are these over the counter brands like Asterisk Cell Knee Braces?

Thanks Craig

Blue Cross bought my Asterisks.

Looks like they didnt need to though...

Has anyone had there Blue Cross Blue Shield buy there Knee Braces? I heard it has been done..If so how ? most good braces are custom fit by doctors right? how are these over the counter brands like Asterisk Cell Knee Braces?

Thanks Craig

You need your Doctor to write you a prescription for knee braces. You should go to the health & fitness forum and see what Dr. Mark has to say about knee braces first.

what kind of doc. should I go to?

orthopedist

yes my insurance bought my Cti2 knee brace for my right knee..i ruptured my ACL back in april and i opted to not have surgery yet because i want to race..so we had a cast made of my leg and sent it to Cti2 for a custom brace..a few weeks later i got a custom brace made for MX..its a awsome fit..extremly comfortable..its got a removable knee cup so i can even wear it for every day use..this is the brace i have..(in black..and the MX model ...http://www.isports.com/products/cti.htm)

i owe my racing to this brace..its helped so much..my knee dosent even hurt when i ride now..and i feel so much safer now..im going to go back to the doc soon and get a second one for my left knee..its safer..and the brace is more comfy then a regular knee gaurd lol

yeah, i need to call my doc. as well about this. a buddy of mine had bcbs pay for his. and thats my ins. also so im sure it will all work out fine.

ya i think everyone should attempt to get their insurance to buy or at least pay for most of thier braces..they help so much..i figured they would be kinda umcomfortable when riding..but i dont even notice i have it on anymore..it never moves and its feels like i just have pants on. look into Cti2..my doc was telling me that he feels they are the best on the market right now..i asked about asteriks, but he pushed me towards cti2 because they are cutom made for you and i geuss are alot better..and they have all sorts of warrenties on them :-P

ya i think everyone should attempt to get their insurance to buy or at least pay for most of thier braces..they help so much..i figured they would be kinda umcomfortable when riding..but i dont even notice i have it on anymore..it never moves and its feels like i just have pants on. look into Cti2..my doc was telling me that he feels they are the best on the market right now..i asked about asteriks, but he pushed me towards cti2 because they are cutom made for you and i geuss are alot better..and they have all sorts of warrenties on them :-P

Asterisks were designed by the same guy who designed CTi's...........

Clicky

I've been thinking about this too. I wanted to do some desert races next year but only if i have knee braces.

Sometimes it hurts when im riding if I use too much of my knees. And if I squat down I kinda have to put my arm on something when I stand back up in attempt to take weiht off it cause it hurts.

I have blue cross/bllue shield as well. I think if I take a trip back to CO to visit my folks I'll see my old doc.... That guy would write me perscripptions for all sorts of shit! Pulled muscle? how about three months worth of muscle relaxers? haha

You guys should all get braces if possible there comfortable and don't notice them. 2 weekends ago i tore my acl,pcl,mcl, and cartalage in my knee and have to have surgery and i am out for 6 months. I will have a special made one for my hurt knee but will definately not get back on a bike till i get one for my unhurt knee. It's definatley worth the price and time to look into it.

Yes, knee braces can save your knees. Obviously. And saving your knees sounds like a good idea, considering what people have gone through from not attemptimg to save their knees. I dont know about anyone else, but I like to be able to walk around....

Here is a link to the knee brace section in our online catalog. Just use the next and previous page buttons to navigate through the section.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p2=6&s=2&p=146

HAPPY KNEE SAVING!!!!

AND KEEP RIDING GUYS!!!!

Thanks Craig

No I didnt get my insurance to buy my knee braces. I just want to say get some and wear them. I am on my second set of Cells. I get them refurbished once a year. This is some of the best money you can spend. Before you revalve your suspension buy some braces, before you buy that new pipe buy some braces. They are worth their weight in gold wether your ins pays or you pay.

No I didnt get my insurance to buy my knee braces. I just want to say get some and wear them. I am on my second set of Cells. I get them refurbished once a year. This is some of the best money you can spend. Before you revalve your suspension buy some braces, before you buy that new pipe buy some braces. They are worth their weight in gold wether your ins pays or you pay.

What he said. My Astrisks are one of the best 'aftermarket' investments I've made. (I did go through the ACL reconstruction/rehab thing a few years ago due to a snowmobiling mishap... and would rather avoid that whole experience again in the future). What good will a new pipe or a suspnsion mod do for you when you are sitting on the couch or working your butt off in rehab where doing something simple like riding a stationary bike for 20 minutes will bring tears to your eyes. Will knee braces absolutely protect your knees in every situation on your bike??? No. But at least every other ride I have at least one situation where I am very grateful I have them on.

My son hurt one knee and insurance paid for one but not the other. Our Orthopedic pushed Don Joy braces and they are awesome braces used by alot of NFL players. Regardless of what type you get make sure they are fitted to your knee. Proper fitting braces work, improper fitting braces in most cases will not help much.

RZH

How do you Blue Cross Blue Sheild to pay for Asterisk braces...I'm about to get a pair and if I can get some help hell why not

I wonder if I could get Uncle Sam to buy me some??? Wouldn't hurt to try...