my wheelie

can someone help i hav a 04 150 and i start in 1st gear i hold throttle maybe about half or a lil less and pop clutch i can get it up high sumtimes but it just falls right back down idk i am a beginner but im really good for my first 2 weeks of riding hopefully sum1 can help thanks in return

well first of all you have to keep on the throttle if your in first and even then after maybe 10-15 feet you will tack it out and itll fall down

after awhile you really need to start in 2nd gear

makes a world of diffrence...

wait till skylinegtr comments on this (and i know he will) cause he is a way better person to talk to about this

first off. if your poppin the clutch in 1st to bring it up, get your bike worked on. cause it runs like shat.

if your doing first gear wheelies, its gonna be jumpy where the gear is lower. its awesome once you get good caue you can ride em slow, but startin off, dont use 1st IMO.

get in 2nd gear, rollin nice speed. clutch it with some throttle (depends on your bike on how much and how hard, experiment) once you learn how high it comes up per throttle input, start to ride em out. either holdin the throttle solid and steady (after you get good) but at first its easier to pump it. bring it up, hit throttle when it goes lower, let off when it come back to far.

you can keep your foot over the rear brake for safety if you like, just tap it if you get scared its comin back, but i dont. i dont like to.

onec youg et good in 2nd, you can go back to 1st gear wheelies. which is just rollin real slow in first, and hittin the gas to bring it up.

again, startin off its smoother and you learn faster if you start in 2nd gear.

g'luck.

I know that Skyline and I have gave you advice before and I gave you the link to my write up on this subject. That is everything you need to know, you just have to practice, practice and practice some more. You can just read and then magically walk that bike to the moon and back. You are going to have to get over the height problem, once it comes up don't just cut the throttle. Let it come up a little more each time and eventually you will get used to the wheel coming up. Sometimes you just have to say f-it if I crash I crash. This is how I learned to skitch(skiing off the side of the bike) I just took the leap of faith and it work (kinda of) I could not figure out how to get back on so I slowed down trying to stop but the bike fell in the ditch. Brand new CBR F4i at the time but the next day I took that leap again and figured out how to cross step back up on the peg. I'm just trying to say the only way to learn is to keep trying. I think you need to give it more gas when the front forks START to compress not after. If you give it gas when they fully compress by the time your hand moves the bike reacts the forks are almost all the way back up and you missed your help. Not be Negative it just takes time.

Yeah i agree, stop saying the bike doesnt have enough power. Sure it doesnt have enough power to do a wheelie by just gassing it (well actually you can if u preload the suspension first), but if ya use the clutch while in second gear its really, and i mean really easy. Its easier to do clutch wheelies while sitting down.

Have to practice, that is all it will take.Since your new to this, you'll discover new ways to pull them up and ride them.I always never thought of riding them out at first I thought of pulling them up.One week it was 1'st gear, then 2'nd, then 3'rd, then 4'th, then I looped hard.So then 2'nd, 3'rd , 4'th, 5'th and finnaly, 6th.It's all in the way you do it, not really how much power you have.

You got it, but I can't do it on the 230 becuase you keep some of your weight off the ground by resting your arm pit and part of your ribs on the tank so your feet don't stick. The 230 tanks are not big enough and it's to close to the bars to steer(sport bike tanks are big and the clip on's are low). I've tried and fell off but I am working on it still. I think you might be able to skitch off the tail though. I can go around corners like that at 70 or so. It is the best because it just seems like you are flying down the road under your own power but it wears the hell out of your boots.

wheelies are a thing of practice, they take some time and effort to get the hang of. when I got my 450 wheelies were so much easier because of the wider gears and the extra power. the power really is nice for when you fall out of the balance point and to bring the bike back up to it. the 150 is much smaller so you are going to have to rely more on balance to ride a really good wheelie. find a nice uphill slope preferably damp dirt or grass but pavement and hard packed dirt works good too. just remember looping out on grass hurts much less than pavement.

I recommend starting in 2nd, 1st is too slow. ride at a low/medium RPM in 2nd, then let off the throttle, push down on the bars then gas it and pull up or try popping the clutch while pulling up, you need to put in some effort too or else the wheel will just spin. practice riding out a power wheelie in 2nd until you can't go any further. once you've got the hang of that pop a wheelie up and hit the rear brake. get used to the feel of the rear brake and how much pressure it takes to stop the rear wheel to bring your bike down. adjust your brake pedal so it either sits higher or lower and get rid of any slack. once you have the feel of a power wheelie and the rear brake try wheeling higher until you feel like you are going to flip over. that's just starting to enter the balance point but don't worry, it takes a little more to flip back but always have your foot over that brake, it's the only thing that will save you from a loop out. just keep practicing, the balance point is a thing that takes getting used to, only practice will get you there. once you have the hang of the balance point try shifting through the gears, the faster you ride a wheelie the easier it is to control. the 150 doesn't have the power to bring it back into the balance point if you fall out of it in the higher gears so you gotta have the feel for it.

just remember, always keep your foot over that rear brake incase you feel like you are going to flip. practice standing and sitting wheelies, I prefer standing because the balance point is lower and it's easier to control the brake and balance for me, but then again it's all rider preference. keep practicing and you'll get good, that's all I can really say for now.

I'll try to help you out.

When my best friend trys out my CRF150 (that use to be his, before i bought it) he can wheelie my hole school parking lot with it. it's awesome here's how he does it put the 150 in 2nd gear dont pop the clutch just pull up on the front end as had as you can and give it a shot of gas at the same time. That bike will come up but we the bike so it's wheelieing very his and then just balance it so you dont haft to over rev it. If your doing it right you should be able to just give it shots of gas and go forever.

BTW: while your doing all this and your wheelieing make sure your sitting down and your butt if way back on the seat almost to your back fender.

Good Luck, and if your about to go over backwords tape that back break and she will come right down. Dont hurt yourself :excuseme: