Help installing ASV levers.

Got my ASV's in today. Already having a bad day (anyone know anything about Dodge Truck A/C' systems?) so I knew I shouldn't even attempt this.......but i did.

The clutch has waaaay too much play in it. I adjusted the ASV quick adjust knob and also tried the in line cable adjuster. It never seemed to get any better. It just seems I am missing something simple.

ANy general tips you all can give me to maybe narrow down the problem or even rule out some things?

Now on to the brake side. The ASV lever went on fine, no real problems. But for some dumb reason I decided to remove the throttle housing. Now, whe I put it back together the throttle twists but doesn't "snap" back to the normal position.

Any takers?

I dont know for sure if this helps but Ill give it a shot.

As far as the clutch goes did you attach the cable to the lever correctly (i know this sounds like a stupid question but check to be sure) Also if you look behind the lever itself you should see a small acorn nut, you can turn this in and out to adjust the lever position, if its backed out to far this could make it seem like there is more play in the cable then there really is.

As far as your throttle goes the only thing I can think of it that you may have knocked some dirt into it or your throttle cable is a little worn. Try lubricating the cable and take your throttle off again and put a light coat of motor oil on the handlebar.

lemme know how it works out for you... and as far as the a/c system send me a pm, maybe I can help you out...

Thanks for the tips Moto851.

I threaded the clutch cable through the ASV housing as best as I could. It seems to be very similar to the stock set-up so it wasn't too difficult. With that said, i'm sure I could've messed something up but it was pretty straight forward. The small acorn nut is the adjustment for the size of your hands, right? Different positions for small, med, large hands??

I didn't touch it but will look at it tomorrow.

Throttle has me stumped. One of the reasons I removed the housing for the throttle is that I thought I felt some dirt/dust underneath the tube. It's operation was perfect though. SO I took the housing loose so I could slide the tube off and clean it. It's an 06 with ~5 rides so the cable should not be worn. I know it's in the manual but what can I lubricate the cable with? Do you just pour it on the end sticking out? How does it get all the way down the cable?

I may take you up on some A/C help. Going to bed now. long day.

Any other advice please do not hesitate.

when I installed mine the cluth cable came off the little swinging bracket down on top of the motor causing it to have a bunch of play once i fixed that everything was good

Are you talking about the same as 06rm250? I think it looks fine. I can try to post a pic if you think you might could tell from that if it looks OK????

I just talked with one of the guys from ASV. He told me to email him some pics. I'll post them here too incase someone sees something obvious.

The last one is where the cable goes down to the case. Is that what you all were talking about? Does it look OK?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/de8212/MX/ASV1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/de8212/MX/ASV2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/de8212/MX/ASV3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/de8212/MX/ASV4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/de8212/MX/ASV5.jpg

I don't own the ASV levers so I may not be any help. May sound stupid but you might want to loosed up the throttle a bit. When I removed mine and re-assembled the same thing was going on. Took me awhile to figure out that I just tightned it up too much. As for the clutch, not sure, sorry.

When I looked at the first picture I thought "It looks like the cable came off the lever down on the engine". When I looked at the last picture, it definitely shows that the cable has came loose from the lever on the engine. Hook the cable back on the lever on the engine, and you should be all good.

For the throttle, I'd completely take it all apart, and make sure you don't have the cable pinched in between the housing halves. I did that once not too long ago, and fought wuith it for about 15 minutes before I realized one fo the cables (don't remember if it was the push, or the pull) was binging in the throttle housing. I carefully put it all back together, and it was fixed.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!

the throttle tube might be rubbing on the inside where it meets the end of the bar. loosen the throttle and slide it outward off the edge just a little :bonk: as for the clutch lever you might need a spacer (before)where the cable goes through the holder on the motor.i had to do that with my asv.good luck hope this helps great choice in levers i love mine :excuseme:

When I looked at the first picture I thought "It looks like the cable came off the lever down on the engine". When I looked at the last picture, it definitely shows that the cable has came loose from the lever on the engine. Hook the cable back on the lever on the engine, and you should be all good.

For the throttle, I'd completely take it all apart, and make sure you don't have the cable pinched in between the housing halves. I did that once not too long ago, and fought wuith it for about 15 minutes before I realized one fo the cables (don't remember if it was the push, or the pull) was binging in the throttle housing. I carefully put it all back together, and it was fixed.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!

You are right. As were the others on page one.

I had a friend come over and he recognized it right away. I guess I could make all kind of excuses but I don't work on these things alot. I have a long way to go to be able to work on them.

The twist throttle was a different story. Can't describe it too well but on one of the cables (push/pull) it kinda wraps around the throttle housing once before it goes into the little hole.

So, operator error on both accounts.

Thanks alot for everynes help.