'06 Owners, help me upgrade my stock parts!!!

Hey guys, I plan on spending a little money on my bike to upgrade it from the stock crap that comes on it (chain, and sprockets).

My stock chain is craped out now, totally streched, and my stock sprockets are junk also.

If you guys could link me to a good CHAIN + SPROCKET COMBO, for it that would be great, it's just I want a good chain that will fit well on the bike, not rub agianst the frame, or anything, and last long!

I also want a new air-filter for the bike, I washed the stock one in gas one too many times, and I want to get a Twin-Air or No-Toil, it's just Im unsure how the No-Toils work, are they just filters you can wash?

I need a good skid plate too, I dont really NEED it, but if you guys know of any that are FLUSH with the frame from the inside that would be nice, I don't want one that sticks out. I like the GYTR but it's not one of those things I can order with everything else on same site.

Is the stock chain guide fine, or do I need a new one of those? I was looking at that TM stuff, it's nice, but I don't want to spend that much. If I put some silicone on the stocker, will I not have to worry about it?

Anything else the bike needs while Im spending the money? And if theres a ONE site I can order all this from that would be great, I don't want to order from different sites if I don't have to!

THANKS!

-Mike

If you guys could link me to a good CHAIN + SPROCKET COMBO, for it that would be great, it's just I want a good chain that will fit well on the bike, not rub agianst the frame, or anything, and last long!

http://www.motosport.com/product.jsp?path=-1|31989|32087&id=2393

i cannot wear this combo out. nuff said

I also want a new air-filter for the bike, I washed the stock one in gas one too many times, and I want to get a Twin-Air or No-Toil, it's just Im unsure how the No-Toils work, are they just filters you can wash?

get a new Twin Air filter. then get Twin Air's "The System". it works great. comes with diffent buckets to store the washing stuff in and the oil in. it has a neat feature too, theres a little tray in the bottom of the wash bucket, you let the crap settle to the bottom then pull the strainer out, then your left with clean solvent.

Is the stock chain guide fine, or do I need a new one of those? I was looking at that TM stuff, it's nice, but I don't want to spend that much. If I put some silicone on the stocker, will I not have to worry about it?

search for grayracer's solution, he makes a little plate to fit underneath there.

Anything else the bike needs while Im spending the money? And if theres a ONE site I can order all this from that would be great, I don't want to order from different sites if I don't have to!

Shop TT or www.motosport.com

THANKS!

no problem :excuseme:

asv levers

there great, but i bent one still. :bonk:

Hey guys, I plan on spending a little money on my bike to upgrade it from the stock crap that comes on it (chain, and sprockets).

My stock chain is craped out now, totally streched, and my stock sprockets are junk also.

I need a good skid plate too, I dont really NEED it, but if you guys know of any that are FLUSH with the frame from the inside that would be nice, I don't want one that sticks out. I like the GYTR but it's not one of those things I can order with everything else on same site.

THANKS!

-Mike

what is a little money? DONT BE A CHEAPSCAPE! :busted:

Plan on a 375 - 450 purchase....

All can be had a motosport.com - http://www.motosport.com

DID ERT Gold w/ Ironman Sprockets 189

Works Connection Skidplate 67

Twin Air filter 30 - 199 for the powerflow kit - Stop using GAS to Clean...use Kerosene ....GEEZ :bonk:

TM SE Yellow chainslider 82 - http://www.tmdesignworks.com

What else do you need MAN :bonk:

give me your creditcard and I will order for you....... :excuseme:

Yeah, Im going all out, screw it.

TM Design works Yellow kit, but they only make 98, so I hope I get one (not ordering until next weeks paycheck). And Im getting the Ironman sprockets, with the DID ERT X-Ring, or O-Ring, whats better, what will work better for this bike? As for the Air-Filter KIT, I think I will just go with a Air filter and clean it correctly is all.

I highly recommend STEALTH sprockets. I had one on my 426 for 2 years, rode every day and that damn sprocket was still like new when I traded her in... You would not believe the strength of their products :excuseme: I would run a DID O-ring chain with them to get the best life.

what is a little money? DONT BE A CHEAPSCAPE! :bonk:

Plan on a 375 - 450 purchase....

All can be had a motosport.com - http://www.motosport.com

DID ERT Gold w/ Ironman Sprockets 189

Works Connection Skidplate 67

Twin Air filter 30 - 199 for the powerflow kit - Stop using GAS to Clean...use Kerosene ....GEEZ :excuseme:

TM SE Yellow chainslider 82 - http://www.tmdesignworks.com

I have all that, but went black on the chain slider and no powerflow kit..notoil instead.

I need to update my garage pics...old old

Motosport outlet is my favorite place to shop. As for the chain slider, I don't think I would go with the TM designs. I had one on my old crf450 and it was damn loud, always sounded like something was wrong. Maybe they chainged it, or maybe it was just because it was on a honda. Personally I just siliconed mine down.

As far as the chain/sprocket goes.....

You can't get any better than Ironman Sprockets with a Regina ORN chain.

They are the only manufacturer I know of that has a 1 year anti-wear guarantee.

I've had mine about a year, and I cannot notice any wear at all of the sprockets.

The chain was adjusted twice in the first month, and has not moved since...riding both track/trails.

see link below:

http://www.qualitysmart.com/products/ironman/ironman.htm

I used this combo from advice from other people on this forum, and you can't beat it.

I siliconed my chain slider down and fixed that problem (see other thread). My sprockets seem really good too, I thought they were worse until I really looked at them (see other thread), so I need a good chain, and Im also picking up the Twin Air kit, and Im going to pick up a Scotts ss oil filter.