Top Speed

Speedometer read 108, I could have gotten more out of it down the mountian but I felt I was about 28mph faster than was prudent to begin with.

It felt like I was holding a piece of plywood in a strong wind! Very unsafe and stupid. My DR will NOT see triple digits again EVER!!!

Speedometer read 108, I could have gotten more out of it down the mountian but I felt I was about 28mph faster than was prudent to begin with.

It felt like I was holding a piece of plywood in a strong wind! Very unsafe and stupid. My DR will NOT see triple digits again EVER!!!

Yep, pretty much my thoughts exactly! I hit 105 on the speedo last night and thats too fast for a bike with a high fender. I know my speedo is at least 5 mph off so who knows how fast it really was. I do know I really smoked that KLR!

About 94 in regular sitting position and about 100 in tight and tucked.

My bike is a 97 DR650SE. This was when I had the 15-tooth counter shaft sprocket. I now run with the 14-tooth and run mainly on the trails.

I have a 1990 which supposedly was more powerful than the 96-current models. I was racing a friend on his 500 (550) suzuki twin. I forget what the bike was, but his speedo went higher than mine as mine went over the 110mph mark and kept pulling Sloooooooooooooooowly along with his till we called it quits. According to his speedo which I'm guessing was optomistic we were running 117. This was in Maine where you have plenty of room to run without much law enforcment to worry about.

My guess is the actual might have been closer to 110mph.

Well with the trail wings, The last I looked down was 110, felt as if I was going a little faster by the time I backed off. With the perilla(?) 90/10's I can only get 85-90, but the wobble I get about 75 is enough to get the blood pumping. It's a 99SE bone stock. Except for the few scratches from the few times I have been over the bars...

top speed i've seen on my stock '06 is 113 indicated, (that was downhill). i estimate that the be slighty over 100 mph actual. I routinely see 105 indicated on my daily commute. again i estimate that the be about 95 mph and probably all you are gonna get from this bike stock. while she is unstable over a hundred, i would go faster if i could... :ride:

>100mph on a dr650? You guys are nuts. Even with a windscreen the wind blast is crazy, let alone at 80mph I start worrying that the front fender is gonna flop up and hit me in the head!

At 80 I could smoke a cigarette behind my w/s. I hit 90 pretty much everytime I ride it, 100 takes a little winding up but it feels good to me. I just put a KTM fender on, so the distraction is gone, just a nice stable V parting wind