Sign in to follow this  

Longest single on your DRZ

I'm looking to buy a DRZ (SM when I do buy one), hopefully this year but most likely next year. I was just wondering what single ride distances people were putting on them?? Roadtrips, full-to-empty tank rides, whatever lol! Mine would be a commuter in the spring-summer time and any dry fall-winter days, and sometimes 2-3 hour plus rides for the girlfriend back to her home town (Wenatchee for the WA riders :busted::bonk: ). Tired searching but didn't find anything :excuseme:. Thanks guys and hope everyone is having a great summer :bonk::p !!!!

55 ish MPG

2.5 gallon tank

I don't know about two-up, but you will appreciate a fuel stop after a tankful worth of that seat.

My wife and I ride a lot in the Cle Elum area 2 up FYI build a padded seat to fit on the factory rack and she will be much happier, We will put 80 to 100 miles on in a day.The bike works great, I can ride her on mild silgle track trail and kick down the freeway @ 65 with 14/47 gearing .

I went about 150 miles in a single ride from Marysiville, Wa to Winthrop. Not the softest seat for a long distance trip, but the trip was very scenic. :excuseme:

I have done a bunch of days over 300 miles. I think my highest was just shy of 500 in a day and none of those are freeway miles.

The bike will do whatever you ask it to, the question is this: Is your butt up to the challenge?

Umm.... I rode from Costa Mesa, CA to Tehachapi, CA only to find my buddies were packing up due to wind or some other lame excuse... So I rode home! Bicyling shorts saved my butt (literally!)...

As to mileage, I forget but it was up there... hours - like 9 as I recall!!

Full faced helmet (Shoei) REALLY helped...

Ride as long as you like, this bike makes it real easy to "stop and smell the roses"!

'04 S not even mod-ed, Added DirtBags and that's it!

When I got home I told my wife "if I ever try to do a similar ride, she has my permission to put a nail in each tire before I leave!"

100 miles to the Allegheny National Forest. Almost 100 miles of dirt. 100 miles home. My butt still hasn't forgiven me.

done brighton to glasgow in day on s model,mainly motorwayriding,about 500 miles,definitly knew i had done it the next day.........when had to ride back.seat can get bit uncomfortable after lot of hours.however that was quite a painless experience compared to riding my 2 stroke gas gas from toulose in southern france back to dieppe in one day :bonk: ......i wont be doing it again.as a do it all bike the drz is great. :excuseme:

203 miles is my current record. Followed by 115, 93 and 91 miles. All of them one day trips. I'm gonna try for 300 miles next!

Dan

DAMN :bonk::p .......those are some serious saddle miles and/or times for some of you guys lol. Yeah not sure if the girlfriend is up for 2-up riding b/c if she is i'll get an SV1000 instead (dream bike right after the Triumph Daytona 675 :busted::bonk: ). But if she's not probably get the DRZ-SM like I said, plus my commute to work will hopefully be 7 miles one way if i get the house i'm looking at, so i wont need a normal street bike. Anyways, thanks for all the responses :excuseme: .

The SV1000 rocks, I just picked up a new 2005 sv1000s about 8 weeks ago

Terry

The SV1000 rocks, I just picked up a new 2005 sv1000s about 8 weeks ago

Terry

Hows the reach to the bars??? I sit on one everytime i goto the bike shop and it doesnt feel bad at all, but some people have said that the Helibars make it better ride.

The reach was not too bad at all, but I still put on the Heli bars, really helped a lot w/o dramatically changing the character of the bike like some of the superbike kits that I have seen on the S's. I got about 3000 miles on it so far, 1400 of that on a fri/sat/sun weekend trip. Just saw an ebay add for a new 2006 sv1000s for 7600 out the door from some dealership.

Terry

I see lots of people on here talking about the sv1000's, is it more favored on here than the gsxr1000 for any particular reasons?

16 hours in the saddle, bit more than 1000 miles

Bakersfield, CA to port orchard, WA

It sucked really bad about medford, OR

We did a 1600 km (1000 mile) trip over 3 days last week, about 75% gravel and dirt roads on the eastern slopes of the Rockies in Alberta. My GPS says we in the saddle (moving) almost 20 hours total. Time and distance were about the same all 3 days. They were long days but my butt didn't start to complain until near the end of each day. I used padded bicycle shorts next to the skin :excuseme: and my butt is probably "hardened" by years of bicycle riding. I rode a stock KLX 400SR (a green DR-Z 400S).