Sign in to follow this  

Reusable Filter??

Has anyone ever used one of the stainless steel resuable oil filters? It would be nice not to have to keep buying new filters all the time but I am not sure how well the reusables work. Any help would be great. Thanks.

I was thinking about getting one too...but the guy at honda (not sure he knew what he was talking about) said the paper filters do a better job. However, in mx magazines, the reusable filters claim that theirs work 200 times better...I find that hard to believe.

I don't know about this and thought about it, too, however, if they are filtering down to 0.1 microns I don't see how you could clean that out. I deal with 0.45, 0.22, and 0.1 syringe filters every day to filter chemicals and with my experience of that particle size I see of no way to clean any filter material with a solvent or back pressure as when it's that small the particles just wedge in there and they aren't coming out.

i use one and havnt had any problems...

Me too!! :excuseme:

I wouldn't use them. Paper isn't that expensive and they are much better filters. Also, you only need to replace them every other oil change. For $5.00... I'd rather use paper.