Ricky Carmichael: The G.O.A.T.?

im sorry but i cant stand carmichael, he has had his time now he needs to just get over the fact hes not the best anymore. everytime he loses he always has some excuse or another. GET OVER IT RICKY!!!!!

I have to disagree.... and this is coming from a big James fan. He is STILL the GOAT and is still dominating. Even if he isn't the fastest (Supercross/Stewart) he still does what it takes to win. And championships are the most important.

If anything he's the ONLY guy NOT making excuses when he loses. He states what happened and then usually follows it up by saying "what can I say, I got beat", etc....

I don't know about the whole Greatest of ALL Time thing, but there have been many riders that have dominated during their time. Whos to say that if you put every one of those riders together during their prime who'd be the best.

exactly, he will never be the best the GOAT because there is always someone better behind you waiting for their time, GOAT means there will never be anyone better and i find that hard to believe.so be it he's the best right now, but time will show better guaranteed.

im sorry but i cant stand carmichael, he has had his time now he needs to just get over the fact hes not the best anymore. everytime he loses he always has some excuse or another. GET OVER IT RICKY!!!!!

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic here?? Have you been watching the races and keeping up with the stats?? I'm 37 and don't get involved in "who's the best", "he said, she said", but when I read your post, I felt compelled to correct your lack of knowledge.

Even in the one outdoor race that Stewart didn't crash in, RC was still close. In the rest of the races that Stewart wasn't too hurt to race in, RC was either in front of him or all over him the entire time (until JS crashed of course).

I can ride a 450 just as fast as any pro out there until I crash. That's the difference; nothing more. Championships are all that matters in this sport and if you can't win one because you continue to crash out of every race every season, you will never be considered the G.O.A.T.

RC is currently 60 points ahead of JS in the outdoor points standings. He could take a weekend of racing off and still win the championship. You can hate all you want, but don't deny the fact that RC is absolutely the fastest and most talented rider ever to start a race.

I was addicted to the Hannah, Bailey, etc. days and those guys had more grit than anyone but the truth is, they couldn't have kept up with RC. Obviously we'll never know. The equipment has changed dramatically since those days. Bikes are much better, training is much better, and the sport has just come a long way from those days. It would be like comparing Michael Jordan to Wilt Chamberlain. They were both great, but Jordan brought the sport to new levels; just like RC, KW, CR, JS, etc.

Get over yourself.

It would take alot of work from Stewart and his whole team to reach Ricky's level. RC didn't get the title of Goat just because he is fast, he got it because his bike and equipment hardly ever failed him. Everyone saw it with Stewart all it takes to lose a championship is for a motor to grenade or to get cross rutted and crash hard.

Mcgrath was my second favorite rider he was fast and he brought moto and supercross into the lime light, as well as a different style of riding, but he just didn't have the luck to do what RC did.

I'm 37 and don't get involved in "who's the best", "he said, she said".

Well, I have got a couple of years on you... But, I agree these threads are useless and end up sounding like a bunch of two year olds argueing.

The equipment has changed dramatically since those days. Bikes are much better, training is much better, and the sport has just come a long way from those days.

Dead on... Seems that everyone forgets to take into account the statement above. All sports have. The top athletes today, for the most part, start and train and are groomed at a very early age. Just go to your local track. Some of the young ones, have a set up I could only dream of. The riders of tomorrow will only get better, due in part to technology and training.

Get over yourself.

:excuseme:

Well, I have got a couple of years on you... But, I agree these threads are useless and end up sounding like a bunch of two year olds argueing.

Dead on... Seems that everyone forgets to take into account the statement above. All sports have. The top athletes today, for the most part, start and train and are groomed at a very early age. Just go to your local track. Some of the young ones, have a set up I could only dream of. The riders of tomorrow will only get better, due in part to technology and training.

:excuseme:

Aint that the truth. All sports seem to be starting the kids younger and younger. By the time they hit 16 years old, they're machines. Carmichael is the GOAT because of his dominance over a long period of time. There isn't a motocrosser out there, from Decoster, Hannah, etc., who's had a streak like his. They all faced tough competition. Carmichael keeps beating all comers, including Stewart. That said, Stewart is the only real threat he's faced yet, but given the point Carmichael is in his career, I'd say Ricky still has him covered. RC already has the millions, the mansions, the fame, but he still puts his boots on and goes out and gets it done. As dominant as McGrath was, as the years went by, and a few injuries came, you could see he lost the spark. Carmichael still has it. I just watched Budds Creek yesterday, and you have to admit, he still hangs it out, bike swappin' all over the place, flying through terrain that was putting many lesser riders on the ground. Stefan Everts is pretty damn impressive too, but he never consistently faced the talent that RC has had to.

Retiring at 26???? The timing suggests he can't hang with JS. I think it will affect his legacy. I guess only time will tell.

I know I won't forget they way he left.

Retiring at 26???? The timing suggests he can't hang with JS. I think it will affect his legacy. I guess only time will tell.

This is Bubba second shot at the premier MX class, and still has yet to hold the points lead outdoors. RC can hang with Stewart, no question. Carmicheal is the best Motocrosser of all time.

Not the G.O.A.T.

Ricky probably hasn't faced the level of competition that Johnson and Ward faced (each other, O'Mara, Bailey, Lechien, Hannah, Barnett, Glover, Stanton and others) but you'd be hard pressed to make an argument that he isn't the greatest. I'd say the only other guys that could be mentioned in the same sentence are Ward, Johnson, Mac, Hannah and Bayle.

Frankly I think Bayle could have been the guy up until Super Mac. That would have given him 1990-1994 all ot himself. And he probably would have smoked Mac outdoors giving him a couple of more years. Do the math and you'll see he would have been in Ricky territory. Assuming alot I know...... Too bad he was unmotivated and hated being here. He might have been the best ever..

My sentiments exactly! Those were the days. You just don't see races like that anymore! :excuseme:

Bob Hurricane Hannah. I lined up next to him in the 500 class of his first AMA pro race in Jacksonville Florida at the '76 Winter AMA series. He absolutely destroyed the field and went on to win 22 straight motos including blowing away Marty Swith at the Hangtown 125 national. Back then there was 125, 250 and 500 nationals and only 1 class would be a national each weekend, so all the factory guys would be in the same race. Hannah was icredible on any size bike. If he would'nt have broken his leg waterskiing he would have added a few more titles. The guy is a legend.

You know on a side note, RC is amazing. He just flat out hauls and gets the job done. I think it's for sure OK to retire on top. He's earned it and if the flame has indeed burned out, then I don't blame him. Racing a PARTIAL series however, is something that kind of rubs me the wrong way. Especially when you have a future potential GOAT who will possibly be in his prime and could make for an exciting points chase next year, kind of seems like a "back out" kind of move.

RC fans want to say that JS never beat RC for a title in the 2 whole short years they raced against each other. ON THE OTHER HAND, RC never stepped up to the plate when he eventually faced a real true match who was truely ready to go toe to toe. :excuseme:

You know on a side note, RC is amazing. He just flat out hauls and gets the job done. I think it's for sure OK to retire on top. He's earned it and if the flame has indeed burned out, then I don't blame him. Racing a PARTIAL series however, is something that kind of rubs me the wrong way. Especially when you have a future potential GOAT who will possibly be in his prime and could make for an exciting points chase next year, kind of seems like a "back out" kind of move.

RC fans want to say that JS never beat RC for a title in the 2 whole short years they raced against each other. ON THE OTHER HAND, RC never stepped up to the plate when he eventually faced a real true match who was truely ready to go toe to toe. :excuseme:

Not to detract from Bubba's scrubbiness, J. Stewart has no excuses, he should be ready to go this year. It really sucks that bike failure caused that last crash (according to the TV yesterday). No doubt though, that James should have a bright future.

nobody in the history of the sport was near the same physical condition that R.C is and I believe he would've worn anybody out.....so far no one has been able to maintain his pace consistently! The great riders of the past were great but not at R.Cs level the've all even said it at one time or another.

Not to detract from Bubba's scrubbiness, J. Stewart has no excuses, he should be ready to go this year. It really sucks that bike failure caused that last crash (according to the TV yesterday). No doubt though, that James should have a bright future.

But what I'm trying to say is that bubba is not at all at his peak this year. Next year however, he will be peaking, or very close to it at least. THAT would be the year to watch the 2 duke it out, as RC appears to still be on the peak somewhat, if not a lot.

RC doesn't really seem to peak, he just kinda plateaus at an unattainable level. It would be nice to see Stewart keep it shiny side up for an entire season.

RC is not the G-O-A-T.

He is the G-O-D.

Look at this guy's list of accomplishments, achieved even though most of time he didn't have much public support. Written off time and again, he keeps coming back even stronger and stomping everyone. He's got nothing left to prove to anybody, and I think it will be decades before anybody even comes close to touching many of his records. RC is probably the greatest American sports hero of all time. And he's not done yet.

I'd say the only other guys that could be mentioned in the same sentence are Ward, Johnson, Mac, Hannah and Bayle.

Ugh...Bailey, DeCoster?

RC is not the G-O-A-T.

He is the G-O-D.

Look at this guy's list of accomplishments, achieved even though most of time he didn't have much public support. Written off time and again, he keeps coming back even stronger and stomping everyone. He's got nothing left to prove to anybody, and I think it will be decades before anybody even comes close to touching many of his records. RC is probably the greatest American sports hero of all time. And he's not done yet.

Whow man! A little too much there! RC is amazing, but not god, nor the greatest "hero". There will be someone from this sport and others that will take his streak. Ever hear of "tiger woods"?

When people ASK why he doesn't win, what's he supposed to say? STFU!!! I can't stand people who don't understand that every rider has at least 3 reasons why they didn't win.

Maybe they weren't into the track, conditions, or feeling up to it. Could be the bike too. Notice that mechanical failures do happen. It's you people who complain about the racers and what you think they should say who should shut your own pie holes because what you say really has no value and suX!!! :excuseme: