Bikes stole in maryland...

My bikes just got stolen sometime between 3am-7am, I don't even want to believe it but they did. I had a 2005 KTM 250sx-f, a 2003 Suzuki rm125, and a boys bike that I was working on for him(yamaha ttr125) got stole too. Also a beat-up honda sports quad that didn't even run was almost stolen too, its about 1/4 down the road in the ditch, guess they left it there once they figured out it didn't even run. Theres a little opening in the woods down the road where my dad hunts, I can see where they pulled their truck in or whatever in that spot... I'm guessing they pushed the bikes down the road to that spot and put them in the truck and probably couldn't push the quad up because it could barley move and probably when they relized the kickstarter don't even move they just left it in the ditch, thanks, i was really hoping you didn't steal the quad that don't even run, really appreciate you taking my bikes.........f**king a**holes :excuseme:

Did you have the bikes locked up? I had a friend whose bike was stolen, and from his miserable experience, I now always lock my bike up with two cables that are attached to something solid and inconvienient to move, like a trailer or a car or a big bench in my garage. Since any lock or chain can be overcome, I also pay 120 per year for insurance. That way if some lowlife snatches my bike I at least will get enough money for most of the replacement cost. Looks like you have learned a lesson the hard way, like my friend. Good luck finding the perps.

How low can some people go? What scumbag would even think of doing something so low? God help the guy that tries to take my bikes. They are protected by a 12 guage, 357 magnum, 380 semi, 22 rifle and pistol, 20 guage, and two compound bows. Hope you have luck in catching those guys and getting your bikes back.

In a garage and no they weren't locked up. I use to when I first got them because I was just extra worried because it was new, but nobody has ever stole anything down here, its been such a safe place, the way it was, if I wanted to I could just leave my bike or somethin by the road for a week and it would be alright, but I guess its not like that anymore. Luckily I do have insurance on both bikes so I'll be able to get a new one(in 30 days if its not found), I doubt we will find the bikes but you never know I guess. We have plennnty of guns here too, but nobody heard nothing, it was storming all night and raining real hard, normally my dogs bark at any sound and go crazy but they never barked once. Whenever I get a bike again, wether its a new one or my original one, its going to definatley be heightened security around my garage and house.

About 10 years ago I had a bike stolen out of my garage in downtown Annapolis during a storm. It ended up in South Baltimore/North Anne Arundel County. It was found in the woods then favored by the punks in that area for riding illegally. They left it behind when the cops rousted them.

You might ask around and find out where the favorite illegal riding areas are now. They for sure aren't riding legal areas on stolen bikes and there aren't many places to ride in this area. So take a little Saturday afternoon walk in the woods and nail up a flyer or two on the trails with a reward. Maybe one punk will dime another for a few bucks.

The cops won't do anything unless they trip over one of your bikes. So you either collect the insurance and be satisfied or take a stab at recovery yourself.

Sorry for your loss. Been there and it sucks. And don't expect much out of your insurance company unless you were paying big bucks for a replacement policy.

Dorchester County, Cambridge area, I live about 20 miles from Cambridge down in the country but I know the bikes are up in Cambridge somewhere because we seen one of them. We actually chased the kid through like the projects, he was a ttr-125(it wasn't MY bike but it was a friends bike that happened to be in my shed the night they stole the bikes), he got a headstart on us because we had to turn around real quick, then we got stuck behind a car, and we didn't know our way around them that great. We thought he ditched it in this patch of woods in this field by some houses because when we came by, he walked out all slow like he was just walkin around and when he saw the car he ran back in the woods so he must of picked it up and took off where we couldn't see him. We didn't want to ride over to where the houses were because we thought he might of went in and told some friends about us chasin him and we didn't want to take the risk of getting shot or somethin so we called the cops. After they finally got there, we followed them to that area, they seen the tire tracks and stuff but I guess it didn't really do any good. Thats what makes me believe my ktm250f and rm125 is right there somewhere, but I almost don't want to find them because the oil ring in my 250f was bad so it took up alot of oil really quick, you always had to put some in it after about 20 min., there was barley any it the night before it was stole so I'm sure if they ever started it, its blown up already, so they probably trashed it. My 125 wasn't all together when they stole that because I was working on it to get ready to sell it, but they stole the parts with it. Probably trashed that already too, its ridiculous. In 30 days from when they were stole, I'll have enough insurance from the both bikes together to get a new 250f, its a new bike, but it leaves me out of the money I was going to sell the 125 for, also it leaves me out of racing seriously for the next month, luckily I can borrow someones 125 even though I haven't 2-stroked it in over a year. I don't care, at least I still get to practice a little tiny bit and race till I get whatever I get. :excuseme:

That really sucks dude, at least you had insurance though so your gonna get brand new bikes if you dont get those back. I honestly dont think I would want them back because you know the saying ride it like you stole it. They probably have really beat on them. My street is nothing but people like over 50 years old. So I dont really have to worry about anything. I have left my bikes outside for hours without anyone outside and I still have them. Ive left the garage doors wide open for days and nothing was stolen. And trust me there is definitly some stuff in there worth stealing.

Thats how it is around here, or was anyway, the wrong people in town found out I had bikes and stole them when I would least expect it. Yeah I race Delmarva Series, that was when I fractured my ankle/heel when the bike was stuck on me. I race some MAMA races too, I missed a couple that I planned earlier this year because of my injury, but I'll race some later this year. Yeah that would be cool to hang out, I don't really have anyone to talk to except like 1 or 2 people that come to the track with me. I haven't been around the sport long so not too many people know me. Anyway, not sure what track I'll be at, but for about a month I'll probably be on a 98 yz125 with the number 98 on it, but if its at a race the number will be 89. haha as if it was hard enough to do good in 125B on my 2005 250f, oh well, I'm going to give it everything I can either way. :excuseme:

Yeah dude sounds good. Im on a 03 250sx #513 no graphics. thats how it is with me new to the sport and hang out with only a couple people at the track. I race 250c so I could probably even learn a few things from you since your in B. Im trying to get to B next year. Just let me know when your going riding or something and Ill see if I can make it out.

later matt.

That really sucks about your bikes. I'm a cop in Montgomery County, and most of our stolen bikes end up in Baltimore being ridden by some thug.

Not sure how it is in Dorchester County but I tell everyone. If you are lucky enough to recover your bike and catch the person who did it, get your shots before the cops show up. I'm not telling you to break bones or anything. Because unfortunetly that is the only justice they are going to get, especially if they are a juvenile.

I now always lock my bike up with two cables that are attached to something solid and inconvienient to move, like a trailer or a car or a big bench in my garage. Since any lock or chain can be overcome

I had a brand-new never ridden 1985 Honda ATC 350X stolen. I had it locked up with one of those 1" thick security cables. A cable is only as strong as it's individual strands. They might not cut through it all at once, but in a few minutes it's all over. I have four 7/16" hardened steel chains & 1/2" Masterlocks on my 250R, seat/fenders and a rear tire removed also. It's a pain to deal with for me, but I'm not going to make it easy for a thief. :ride: