Sign in to follow this  

XR400, I and my Friend will be visiting the US to buy 2.Hand XR400's

I and my friend are going to the States this July, we are looking

for 2.Hand XR400's in exellent conditions. 00-04 Models, priced from 1500-3500$. We will be in Los Angeles on July 05 up to July 09, then we go to Las Vegas for about a week, we will be traveling over land to Seattle after that, we would like to hear from anybody selling their XR400 and they can contact us here or by E-Mail "feweili@yahoo.com" We are also in need to buy several spare parts for my XR250 96 Model, any help and information is appriciated.

Regards Felix

Hey where are you at in the philippines. I travel there alot. Anyway a good place to start looking is cycletrader.com. If you need any help well in LA e-mail me.

Doesn't sound like you're planning to travel to the Gulf Coast (Mobile, AL), but I have an 03 XR400 ($3500), and 04 XR250 ($3300) and a 96 XR250 ($1700). All are stock except handguards (Acerbis on the newer one) and a Trailtech computer, skidplate and sharkfin on the XR400. PM me if you're interested.

Hi "htrdmx55", for your information we are two Swiss Guys living since ca. 4 years on the Island of Negros in the City of Dumaguete, trail riding is great here no restrictions whatsoever!!! About "Cycletrader" i visit the site frequently to get a picture of what is available,

Hi "markbxr400", if i am not mistaken "AL" stands for Alabama? if there are no other Bikes available, i guess we could get in contact with you about the XR400.

Thanks so far.

Viktor try

http://www.recycler.com/ for the Los Angeles & Seattle areas

And Craiglist..

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ (OC is south of LA)

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/

http://seattle.craigslist.org/

I would also keep my eye on the Thumpertalk Classifieds (FYI the down town Los Angeles zip code is 90014 for the distance search I do not know what Las Vegas & Seattle zip codes are but you can do a Google search and find them easy)

The Craigslist ads are updated daily and the Recycle is updated every Thursday (I think)

Hey where are you at in the philippines. I travel there alot. Anyway a good place to start looking is cycletrader.com. If you need any help well in LA e-mail me.

What part of the PI do you travel to the PI. My work sends me to Manila for 6 weeks at a time and I usually do it twice a year. We might be able to get together and share a few San Miguels :excuseme:

Hi everybody, this is great!!! i did not think that i get that much usefull information in such a short time, "triple b" your links were Great!!!

"htrdmx55" you probably assumed that we are Philippinos? would you consider to meet us at LA despite the fact that we are "Swiss"?

"mreks" i just checked the site, nothing at the present. Thanks

"ynotride" do you mean to meet in the PI or in LA? our location i stated already in the last posting.

Viktor just so you know for every XR you take out of the country you have to leave a Swedish Model in its place...

It is so you do not throw off our fragile eco system :excuseme:

Good luck in your travels

Viktor just so you know for every XR you take out of the country you have to leave a Swedish Model in its place...

It is so you do not throw off our fragile eco system :excuseme:

Good luck in your travels

Hi "Triple B",

will an inflateable Swedish "Rubber toy" do? it might be more helpfull

to keep the fragile eco system afloat!

Thanks for your "good luck" whishes.

I have no problem meeting you guys here even though you are swiss. To bad about the game yesterday. I am off Monday, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. So if you guys might need a hand let me know.

Hey one other thing if I help you guys out, next time im in the PI you have to take me riding!

My grandparents on my mothers side are from Cebu. I here it's a nice place.

Hi "Triple B",

will an inflateable Swedish "Rubber toy" do? it might be more helpfull

to keep the fragile eco system afloat!

Thanks for your "good luck" whishes.

That is not quite what I had in mind all thought the models I was thinking of would also have there own flotation devices.......

Check your Privite Messages I sent you an ad for a 03 XR400 I found on a nother website.

Hi "ntrdmx 55",

thanks for the greath Offer we will for shure see each other in LA, we are both of us pretty exited already of our first go on a XR400, i am reading the Forum since a year ago, here in the Phillippines one can not buy a Dirt Bike larger than

the XR200, which is different than the US model and heavyer but costs brand new only 2000$ with electric start, they are good Bikes but not very good on fast Dirt Roads.

We will get in contact befor we leave here, Regards Felix

Hey you guys I just bought an xr 400 for my girlfriend. I pick it up tomorrow. I have a line on another xr400 for 2500 us dollars. I can contact the guy if you are interested. You can reach me at 310 422 2517. Do you know where you are staying. I live in hermosa beach which is seven miles south of LAX.

I've got 3 available.

2002, 700 miles, lots of aftermarket chassis parts (BRP clamp, Fat bars, all guards, etc.) plus ALL stock parts and all Gordon mods. Near new $4000. This is the best running XR I have ever owned and I have owned a number of them.

2002, 64 miles 100% original except for dual sport kit, dual sport kit, come with skidplate and unmounted hand guards, perfect, $4500.

2004, 2200 miles (almost all street), $2000 in dual sport conversion and accessories (Clarke tank, speedo Baja designs, skid plate, heavy tubes sets of tires, lots more), plus ALL stock parts, all Gordon mods. $5000.

All are titled and street licensed in Oregon. All are serviced (linkage, swing arm pivot, steering head, etc.) and have had the oil changed after every ride. I doubt that you will find any better XR that is not showroom new. Aside from the Gordon Mods, the engines are bone stock and never touched.

I would not hesitate to take any one of the bikes on the TransAmerica trail. They are ready to go.

I've got 3 available.

Now I don't feel as bad owning 4 of them (not for sale). Do you actually own 14 bikes (your garage)? :ride:

Now I don't feel as bad owning 4 of them (not for sale). Do you actually own 14 bikes (your garage)? :ride:

Well, a few of them have been sold (2004 Husky 125, 1979 KX250, the Mag Husky and a couple others), but I still have anywhere between 35-40 bikes at any one time. I am always buying and selling bikes and I can never pass up a good deal (that's how I ended up with the 64 mile 2002 XR400). I sure didn't neeed it, but who am I to pass up a great deal?

If you think that is bad, I had a high of 168 when I was seriously collecting. Those were all either 100% original, or race ready. I do not count parts bikes or non-runners as a complete bike.

Everything I have is always for sale, except my AHRMA National winnning 1974 Yamaha MX250 race bike. I'll probably be buried with that one...

Hi "AHRMA17L"

your offers are looking very good but on the upper limits of what i want to spend, i guess if we can not find anything else we might consider to come to Oregon.

Hi"htrdmx55"

the one you bought for your Girlfriend, is it in good shape? do you think the other one is in good shape for that price?

Looking forward to meeting you, only five days to XR Day!!!

Regards Felix