Icat?

this icat argument never ends. from what ive herd not a single honda rider thought the icat was worth it. nothing to take away from honda or the people that ride them.i think it might have something to do with the honda ignition. i really have nothing to back this up just throwin it out there. anyway, i had performance increases on my kxf. it starts easier and really smooths out the power band. works best with some stiffer clutch springs. all the opinions youl get on here wont help at all. it really comes down to if you want to dish out 200 bucks for something you might or might not notice.

There is not a single doubt in my mind that it helps starting (as well with acceleration). I have 2 identical 05 KX's with the exception of the icat. Guess what ... the one with the icat starts 1st or 2nd kick EVERY time and the other one (that I use for woods) is no where near that reliable. I do not have the $$ to get one for the woods bike or I would.

Did you actually read the TWM review ? or any of the others on the link I sent ? DO whatever you want but I have no reason to make this stuff up.

There is not a single doubt in my mind that it helps starting (as well with acceleration). I have 2 identical 05 KX's with the exception of the icat. Guess what ... the one with the icat starts 1st or 2nd kick EVERY time and the other one (that I use for woods) is no where near that reliable. I do not have the $$ to get one for the woods bike or I would.

thank you. i agree 100% with stormwire. starting is much easier and they do actually help elsewhere. all the big name mags have said good things about the icat. im not sure why everone else hates them......

I use the equivalent to the icat in S.Africa called the "Stromberg". I ride the Rmz450. cant say i noticed any starting differences as my bike is relatively new, but the power is definately smoother, better economy, and the bike seemed to run cooler. A friend who has an FMF pipe on the same bike same model used to edge away from me before i installed the Stromberg. not any more,my bike matches his readily. makes sense to improove combustion before other mods.