Sign in to follow this  

Not getting hassled by rangers

Entrance to Carnegie SVRA...$5

Water and drinks for the day...$15

Gas for bike...$5

Being sound legal and not being hassled by rangers......priceless :excuseme:

Spoken like a Guy who really understands the process. :bonk:

Two years ago the people here on TT blasted me for having a loud pipe. :p

Guess that I thought that louder pipe meant more HP, They were right and I was wrong. :excuseme:

Loud is not better, just makes all of us look and sound bad. :bonk:

Kudos to you for getting your Bike quieter. :p:busted::p

The people who bitch and belly ache about the rangers are usually the ones who have a difficult time following the rules or have a boulder on their shoulder.

I have yet to meet a ranger who was unpleasant, and I go out of my way to say hello.

Tim

Guess that I thought that louder pipe meant more HP, They were right and I was wrong. :excuseme:

My son and I got new BBR pipes for our bikes and I am dissapointed to find out how loud especially his. We do dig the performance we got from the pipes and I am hoping that the quiet insert will not rob to much of the power when we get them.

Guess that I thought that louder pipe meant more HP, They were right and I was wrong. :bonk:

My son and I got new BBR pipes for our bikes and I am dissapointed to find out how loud especially his. .

Not pointing the finger at anyone..except the aftermarket pipe manufactures mind you!

Interesting how BBR states on it's website under FAQ's: "Is the BBR pipe louder than stock? Yes. Unfortunately, power and sound go hand-in-hand. Don't let anybody tell you different". :busted:

Hmmmn, I'll try to remember that while I'm on my whisper quiet Husky TE450. Pumping out big time fourstroke power and sneaking up on rabbits. :excuseme:

ahhh... I love a good paradigm shift.

Spooked three head of deer this weekend at LPNF. I think they saw me before they heard me. LOL

Not pointing the finger at anyone..except the aftermarket pipe manufactures mind you!

Interesting how BBR states on it's website under FAQ's: "Is the BBR pipe louder than stock? Yes. Unfortunately, power and sound go hand-in-hand. Don't let anybody tell you different". :busted:

Hmmmn, I'll try to remember that while I'm on my whisper quiet Husky TE450. Pumping out big time fourstroke power and sneaking up on rabbits. :excuseme:

ahhh... I love a good paradigm shift.

BBR makes products for the play bike market. You are comparing your big ass 450 to a freakin 125/150 thumper!! Even in choked up form, 450s make shitloads of power (ex. the 450x makes 45hp with the peashooter baffle in its exhaust). Pretty much every 4 stroke benefits from a loud pipe, a YZ 450f for example is going to have better thottle response and make more power from an FMF factory 4 than it is from an FMF Q2...its the nature of the beast. The general public and the majority of seasoned enthusiast don't like loud, so quiet is definetely the way to go.

I agree with the fact that pipe manufactuers are partly at fault because more R&D effort isn't put into making quiet pipes more effiecient in making power...but its also on the shoulders of those who choose to run loud pipes. As for me...I'm gonna run the stock pipe in sound sensitive areas at the expense of performance just to have the priveledge of riding without being hassled by a ranger. :bonk:

AMEN I love being all legal. Mr ranger comes around, looks at my green sticker, spark arrester and quiet little KDX, makes a joke or two about the weather or whatever is on his mins and goes off on his way.

Just to clarify the thumper exhaust, I have a KLX110 and a XR100 both with stock exhaust. Both are quiet and make ok power..ok they don't rip, but they are around 8-15 HP. Getting a small bore to rip seems contradictory to the purpose of having a small bore..but that's just me.

I also have 3 2-strokes including a KDX200 (killer bike and very quiet)..but we will limit this to thumpers.

My KLX 331 with Stroker system, 640 LC4 with PC T-4 and a Husky 450 with stock pipe all rip and make serious power, all in the 45-55 HP range..more apples to apples comparison.

My Husky 450 with super quiet stock pipe makes within one true pony of my KTM 640 with LOUD PC T-4. My KLX331 is just plain real loud, but passes sound test at Hollister with quiet tip and no noticeable loss in overall power, just not as snappy. The bikes are all similar in that they are large bore thumpers. So I have a very loud, loud but tunable and holly cow is that bike even running on the noise scale. My point is that LOUDNESS IS NOT FASTNESS. I had to really adjust my riding style with the new husky because you don't ride by "ear" you really need to be careful and mindful of just how fast you are "really" going. :excuseme:

BTW..one has to uncork most eastern imports to get serious power. My neighbor and riding buddy has a slew of aftermarket bits on his brand new CRF450 to get the beast to go. Even he says it's now similar in power to my husky..ONLY LOUDER. The EU countries are several years ahead of us on noise restrictions and the euro bikes show that by making very good power AND are quieter. hhmm

Seems to me if people keep buying loud..we will keep getting sold loud.

It's that simple, the paradigm must shift.

Just my pennies worth

BTW ...for years I was always know far and wide for having the loudest bikes.

I got tired of sound tests, not riding at events, police, angry neighbors, closed riding areas and on and on.

Getting hassled or creating a hassle over something that is not necessary is an idle waste of time spent I could be riding. hats off to all who are choosing to ride stealth..only took me 30+ years of riding to figure that out! :bonk:

The people who bitch and belly ache about the rangers are usually the ones who have a difficult time following the rules or have a boulder on their shoulder.

I have yet to meet a ranger who was unpleasant, and I go out of my way to say hello.

Tim

Yeah, whatever... kiss a$$.

Yeah, whatever... kiss a$$.
That's just weak.

The AMA should just make the Pros run 96 db on the 4-strokes.

Then everyone can run the same pipe as Ricky.

The 450's make more power than many of the pros can manage.

The 250's are making triples that seemed impossible for that class when 2-strokes ruled.

No one would run without a muffler.

Many will run with a very loud muffler.

Where is the logic in that?

I bet you get hassled a lot...punks usually do

I take it you've never been at Prairie City during closing. If you had there's a good chance you may not be so assuming of one's personality.

There are often times when rangers go too far with their authority. If you choose to dismiss it then I'd figure you're just as Xracer says.

The AMA should just make the Pros run 96 db on the 4-strokes.

Then everyone can run the same pipe as Ricky.

The 450's make more power than many of the pros can manage.

The 250's are making triples that seemed impossible for that class when 2-strokes ruled.

No one would run without a muffler.

Many will run with a very loud muffler.

Where is the logic in that?

Too much logic there for the AMA. They couldn't possibly work like that.

I take it you've never been at Prairie City during closing. If you had there's a good chance you may not be so assuming of one's personality.

There are often times when rangers go too far with their authority. If you choose to dismiss it then I'd figure you're just as Xracer says.

The older Ranger is a full on a-hole. I have never had a problem but have seen others who were hustling to get out of there and he was such a dick.

Just to clarify the thumper exhaust, I have a KLX110 and a XR100 both with stock exhaust. Both are quiet and make ok power..ok they don't rip, but they are around 8-15 HP

No way in hell can a klx110 or a xr100 make anywhere near 15hp. not sure about the kawi but xr100's make about 7-8 hp stock.