Lightening the flywheel

It will make th engine rev faster because there is less weight to rotate. This also means that you will have less top speed depending on how much you take off. It should be done by a professional with the right tools to make it perfect. One option is to send it in to bbr they can do it for 89$ i recall.

Yeah, I guess you could say "made". The only negative is that you need a battery. I used one from a scooter.

I drilled the rivets out of the flywheel assembly and used the hub. This hub has the cam that opens the points. Hot side of the battery to the points and ground the negative as usual. This setup gets the power from the battery instead if the magnets and coil, loosing all of the rotating mass.

I could run for about an hour before the battery needed charging. This system was on my Blown Alcohol ATC 70.

I wouldn't really call it ghetto. This was before electronic ignitions were on the little singles. It removed alot of weight from the crank and also made a spark that was about 10 times better. It ran good with the stock ignition but when I went to the total loss, the gain was huge due to the more complete burn of the alcohol.

The blower added power every where. You have to think, this was built before you could get any aftermarket parts for these little singles. Almost every part in the engine was either hand made or had many hours of machining done to make it work. All of this was done because someone said that I couldn't do it.

It was between 13.5:1 and 14:1 and 16 lbs. of boost. I ended up putting a Tillotson carb on and that worked out better that fooling with jets on the 110 carb. I TIG the exhaust from 1 1/8 ID stainless.......

Way too much work, but it is the coolest!

I might try that if I had an old beater or something like that. I have two bikes. One is REALLY nice and the oter has CDI so that is not possible for me. Post some pictures maybe of the stuff under the cover. If possible, make a movie or just audio or something to hear the engine.