Which Dual Sport Kit should I buy?

Please give me your feedback and share your experiences on the dual sport kits which works the best. Baja Designs seems to be the most popular, Electrosport seems to make a good set up, and then there is the Trick Dual Sport kit. Not sure which way to go as I have had no experience with any dual sport kits. Please give me the heads up. Thanks :excuseme:

I have the Trick kit and have been pleased with it so far. it is fairly simple to install and remove when you want to go off road. Dale is also pretty good when it comes to customer service.

I have just recently was asking the question you did!

After alot of research I went with the Baja Design Quick Release and would do it again just because of the ease of putting on and the way it looks. Haven't had it on long enought to say it holds up, but so far so good!

Have a great day!

The Baja Design mounts just like the existing fender with no support brackets. I do have the flush mount lights and happy with the way it looks.

As far as the watts of the light I am not positive and can't seem to find it anywhere. I have definitely seen brighter but not bad for night driving!

Elmer out

Has anyone tried the quick release Baja Designs kit? It's the one with the flush mount signals mounted on a replacement rear fender. Do you need a sub frame extension (ala SRC) with that kit?

I put on the SRC subframe although I don't think it's needed. The SRC rack does not fit with the flush mount signals.....I'm still thinking and figuring on a solution......

Anbody got an opinion.....?

Has anyone tried the quick release Baja Designs kit? It's the one with the flush mount signals mounted on a replacement rear fender. Do you need a sub frame extension (ala SRC) with that kit?

I use that kit and no sub frame extension is needed. The flush mount turn signals are nice versus the norm because my big ol boots dont clip them when swinging a leg over the saddle....... they are also out of the way when you dump it. The whole thing including the headlight assembly is off and swapped out with the stock plastic within 15 minutes or less.

You can order the flush mounts with the B/D kit on stock fender, no extra charge. I ordered the EZ mount kit, frt brake light switch, 250watt stator w/90/100 watt H-4 bulbs,key switch kit."note" you have to send them your stock stator for a rewind $120.00. I`m ready to "Get-r-done"

I have a BajaDesigns DS kit on my WR. I sent back the first main switch because the High/Low buttonn quit working. My second main switch is doing the same Thing. The License plat mount broke on me as well. I don't have very many hours on it yet either! good luck!!!

Two years ago when I was building my R-based supermoto, I opted for the E-Line street kit. My number one reason was the slick flush-mount turn signals front and rear.

Big mistake. The E-Line kit uses a "black box" to do all the traditional functions, like voltage regulator, turn signal, high-low switch, battery, etc. Up-side of this is a very small, compact design. Down-side is no chance to repair it if something goes on the fritz, or to switch blinker module to allow LED turnsignal bulbs, etc. Plus their headlamp bulb used some weird lamp-base and after WEEKS of research I was only able to find one upgrade option on the whole planet.

Plus, a couple of months ago my brake light function stopped working. I could see the signal was coming through but it was super-weak and any bulb would pull it down to zero!!?? E-Line has dropped this kit, best I can figure, because I cannot find it anywhere on the web now.

Last month I got tired of all this and ordered a full set of "real" wiring components: regulator, handle-bar switch cluster, fuse panel, real BATTERY!!, etc, from ProCycle.us. Gonna use the E-Line wiring harness and just replace the blackbox with real components.

I think that's the route BD takes with their kit as well, so BD would probably be a safe bet. You do not read too many complaints about BD's stuff.

Good luck!

Ride Safe.

I like Electreks. turn signals stick out but i do alot of riding in town. I havent broken light off yet. I take that back, riped the tailight off up at the dunes. I now run brake and tail light inside the stock lens.

• 1 month later...

Just above the headlight, behind the fly-screen / number plate. I'll take some pics and post them to My Garage in the next day or two. I fabbed a u-shaped support frame out of 3/4" angle aluminum. This was bolted to the fly-screen then the battery, and a few other electrical components were mounted to this framework. Pics will explain it better, but I gotta warn you, I am real anal when it comes to fabbing and wiring so I was shooting for a sano job.

I will update this thread when I post the pics.

• 6 months later...