Sign in to follow this  

Upper Nestucca Trail Area?

bites. :excuseme:

Yes, it is a waste of time. If you go, watch out for locals in 4 wheel drives. Since you connect trails with some pavement and logging roads, you get to share the roads with them.

There is nothing like meeting a drunk hillbilly head on in a stripped down, off road Toyota sliding into your side of the curve.

... If you go, watch out for locals in 4 wheel drives...There is nothing like meeting a drunk hillbilly head on in a stripped down, off road Toyota sliding into your side of the curve.

Went up tp Grassy Flats one February Sunday after a big snow fall so my kids could sled and play. Just as I was getting to the turn off, from around the bend in the road (Nestucca Road), these guys in three rigs, all chopped up and reminiscent of Mad Max and Soylent Green, come flying at us, never slowing and swerving from side to side. We grovel over to the shoulder (the hill drops off after that), and hope there will only be body damage to the truck. Miraculously, no contact was made and they kept going. Fun for them? Yes. Would I like to do what they were doing too? Yes...but not under the circumstances. They were taking some very big and unnecessary risks. They did it there on the highway where they knew to expect other vehicles, what do you think they do on the back roads where they know to expect...well, no one?

About a month ago, a rental house around the corner got some new tenants...now there's three of those same rigs parked in the driveway and back yard all the time. And they are working on them all the time. I wish I could tell you the rigs are all pimped and shiny...but these guys are reddies. Their favorite tools are hammer and torch.

Be careful if you go.