gaerne or alpinestars??

hey i have around $300 to spend (give or take a little) on some boots, and i am stuck between getting the 06 gaerne sg10 boots or the 06 astars tech-8's. i know the t8's come with a bootie, but do the sg10s? i am diggin the nick wey replica gaernes for the same price as the tech 8s.

http://www.transworldmotocross.com/mx/gohuge/0,20859,996519_1147243,00.html

what do you guys think? i want the best protection, comfort/feel, and durablilty. thanks

Sorry ,I have worn tech 8's for a while and tried on a pair of Gaerne's sg-10 and IMO no comparison the tech 8 is the better boot, like putting your foot in a slipper. My last pair of tech 8's lasted 3 years worth of riding most weekends. If I was to replace the soles and buckles I could still be wearing them. no bootie in the Gaerne.

• Experts

Alpinestars is by far the best made boot. Look at the sales numbers . Alpinestars has 70% of the market. If you dont' like the bootie then go to the Tech 6 . If you want even more flex, go to the Tech 4. I have been a fan of the Tech 5, M 6, and Tech 4 for a long time. I am going to try the Tech 6 this go around.

DR

My son wore Tech 8s for several years great boots never an issue. This year we went to the SG10s and he loves them.

I feel from what I have read they offer as good if not better protection.

He says they are more comfortable than the 8s part of this may be due to the hinged ankle that actually gives you some movement. He says they are much easier to walk around in. Without the bootie he has better feel on the controlls. While there is no bootie the inner lining of the boot feels like a temperpedic (sp) material. The buckle system is by far the best on teh market And at this time they are the only ones that are still made in Italy instead of manufactored in China

I have both in my trailer. As the boots get older, the Tech 8 gets flimsy like a slipper. I now use it for Trials riding. The Gaerne remains firm and supportive, yet comfortable. I know several riders that have broken their foot in a Tech 8. If you can buy new boots every season the Tech 8s are ok, if not the Gaernes outlast by far.

My son wore Tech 8s for several years great boots never an issue. This year we went to the SG10s and he loves them.

I feel from what I have read they offer as good if not better protection.

He says they are more comfortable than the 8s part of this may be due to the hinged ankle that actually gives you some movement. He says they are much easier to walk around in. Without the bootie he has better feel on the controlls. While there is no bootie the inner lining of the boot feels like a temperpedic (sp) material. The buckle system is by far the best on teh market And at this time they are the only ones that are still made in Italy instead of manufactored in China

yes, the inner of the SG10s are this type of "memory foam" that conforms to your foot. :excuseme:

I have both in my trailer. As the boots get older, the Tech 8 gets flimsy like a slipper. I now use it for Trials riding. The Gaerne remains firm and supportive, yet comfortable. I know several riders that have broken their foot in a Tech 8. If you can buy new boots every season the Tech 8s are ok, if not the Gaernes outlast by far.
and ive known guys that brokes their foot in gaerne's. no boot is gonna give you 100% protection from every possible thing that can happen.

"you can always not use the bootie alot of guys don't use it"

The only problem with this is that the inside of the boot is tall to accomodate the booty. I would suggest trying some on without the booty before going this route.

Personally, I think the SG-10's are much more comfortable than the Tech 8's but, as suggested, you can't go wrong with either one.

everyone is gunna have different opinions...some will say the tech 8 is more comfy, some with say the sg10's are better... some guys might even like the feels of rocks in there boots... so everyone opinion doesnt really matter

the best thing to do is go to a dealer and try them both on and walk around

my vote is for tech 8's...but go try them on and dont let people on the internet tell you what you should buy