Sign in to follow this  

250f as a woods bike?

i was just wondering if the yz250f would make a decent woods bike. i know the wr would be better, but i also want something that will be competitive for when i race.

also, does the stock exhaust meet 96dB forest requirements, or would i have to buy a baffle or whole new muffler?

also, does the stock exhaust meet 96dB forest requirements, or would i have to buy a baffle or whole new muffler?

it would be ok for woods but a 250 2 stroke would be better and i think you have to buy a baffle for it

the 250f would be fine for the woods. put a 50 rear sprocket on it and youll be good to go. :excuseme:

The YZF is a pretty good woods bike, but has a few drawbacks. The close ratio transmission is excellent for quick acceleration on the track, but can be a slight limitation in the woods. First gear is a little high for extreme single track. Combined with a lightweight crank assembly, this can make the bike stall more easily in this type of riding. This is nothing a bit of alert clutch work won't cure if you're aware of it at the outset.

The suspension, if set up to soak up long motoX jumps, is a bit stiff for woods riding, but that's not the end of the world either. You'll probably be pretty happy with it in the woods, but if you're aware of the differences between it and a pure woods/enduro bike, you can pretty easily adjust your riding style to make up for it.

i use mine for trail riding and MX and i love it... im geared a bit tall for the real tight twisties (but i have a helluva top end for gp style mx tracks) but other than that it is still a blast