Rausch Creek 6.23

Helmet camera video of Rausch's updated main MX track.

Taken FRIDAY JUNE 23rd. (Two days ago).

COnditions -

Wet in some (We got SOAKED the night before).

Dry in others. All in all, good conditions. Wet spots were very slick, and having a front tire with half the knobs ripped off doesn't help. Rear tire is shot and long overdue for replacement too - so I was very happy with the track, considering all that.

Starting spot on the track is the main straightaway double. I am on the takeoff jump.

Dad is in front of me for a little, and splashes some mud right square on the lens. THe angle is a little tilted, and alot low - so you really need to watch closely to know where you are on the track.

45 megs = slow download. Just let it go and she'll play!

http://www.personal.psu.edu/jls820/uploads/RauschMain.mpg

40 megs, I'd say at least 5 minutes.

If you have Windows Media PLayer - just open The player.

THen, click FILE

OPEN URL

PASTE the following URL, then you can at least see it downloading. It will take some time.

"http://www.personal.psu.edu/jls820/uploads/RauschMain.mpg"

Thanks for the movie. I just moved to PA (south of Allentown) this month from southern California and have rode at Atco and Diamondback in NY. How is Rausch Creek? They seem to be one of the few places that is opened during the weekdays. I am planning on racing Sleepyhollow next month, have you been there and is it a good program? Any local advise would be greatly appreciated.

Also, after it rains do these tracks still hold up pretty well or is it a mudbog the next day?

I am planning on racing Sleepyhollow next month, have you been there and is it a good program? Any local advise would be greatly appreciated. Also, after it rains do these tracks still hold up pretty well or is it a mudbog the next day?

We went to Sleepy this past weekend (6/24). It got dumped on Thursday and into Friday. The track drains really well and was good for Saturdays all day practice after the first set went through. Click on My Garage then my bike for a track layout. They have since tweaked it a little but uses the same path.

We went to Sleepy this past weekend (6/24). It got dumped on Thursday and into Friday. The track drains really well and was good for Saturdays all day practice after the first set went through. Click on My Garage then my bike for a track layout. They have since tweaked it a little but uses the same path.

When did Sleepyhollow start this?

Is it practice for Sunday's race?

Can you ride the track on Saturday and blow off Sunday (like they will really force you to ride Sunday... :excuseme: )?

Thanks for the vid. I just watched it.

But, is there supposed to be sound? I'm not sure if maybe i'm missing a codec or something- But I wasn't getting any sound from the video.

Rausch doesn't look half bad. I still may go check it out some time. :excuseme:

When did Sleepyhollow start this?

Is it practice for Sunday's race?

Can you ride the track on Saturday and blow off Sunday (like they will really force you to ride Sunday... :bonk: )?

All MDRA (http://www.masondixonriding.com) races are required to hold Saturday Practices. Yes, you could blow off Sunday if you wish. I did, seeing it was a mudfest, we stayed to watch though.

:excuseme:

I didnt get any sound either....video schmideo....Rausch sucks!

Grant....sometimes when tracks have a practice day they make you pay race fee's for sunday upfront.Happened to me last year at Budds.Thought it was gonna be a blast just practicing until i had to pay practice fees plus race fee's for my son and i.....VERY expensive practice!

Haha.They actually still do to one person.Thats all I will say.You have to know the right people.

If I know the right person, I can bring the 16 yo and 18 yo daughters, along with my dumbass and my CRF450R... :ride:

Grant....sometimes when tracks have a practice day they make you pay race fee's for sunday upfront.Happened to me last year at Budds.Thought it was gonna be a blast just practicing until i had to pay practice fees plus race fee's for my son and i.....VERY expensive practice!

With MDRA, you just pay for the practice and race separately. Someday, I'll get to Budds. :ride: Off to the beach over July 4th weekend...

We rented it this year already and are doing it again in sept. 500....10 person limit.....2 riders on the track at a time...and he's serious about it to...no matter what your skill level is!They also still have a decent amount of woods loop left too!You can ride that till you drop over dead...but the track.....2

Interesting....

ANy info on this rental?????

Dad and I would be SERIOUSLY interested in doing that if you are renting it and had some room!

2 people at a time is a little bit extreme....I mean, that is a 2.5 minute lap!! 5 maybe...